ooooooooooo

EGR delete?

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just remember, going from an egr delete to a stage2 tune will require some additional mods to make the tune worth while. Boost valve, air flow, intake hold down, exhaust pipes, maybe radiator or electric fan, inter cooler (depending on how serious you are getting).
And not all Californians support the communist movement going on led by Gov. Useless (newsome). That idiot just banned lawn mowers and leafblowers by 2025.

Gas powered lawnmowers and leaf blowers, or all lawnmowers and leaf blowers? I bought an EGO brand electric mower last year from my local Ace Hardware and I have to say that I don't miss my old had mower one bit. This unit is quieter, lighter, and provides a good cut. Time will tell if it ends up being reliable.

Haerterich

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Egr system does very little, hardly ever opens. my son and i both have intercooler kits on ares. just a month ago we had to replace the tube between the ear cooler and the valve. there was no dust in the tube after the vacuum actuator, that tells me it never opens. we kept them so we could get better heat to the cab. no down side to removing them, again we kept ares for better het to the cab. now as far as power goes, i have one of the highest powered Rotors around, as a matter of fact the only way to get more power is to upgrade the injection pump. mine makes about 350 torque, and 170 hp. my point do not replace the air filter canister, i still have the stock one and it is not a power limiter. if you put an open filter one on your Roxor you will fill it with mud and dirt if you go off roading.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Runs better, sounds more like a diesel should, less overall heat build up, a little more power not much, better for the engines life, engine looks way cleaner looking with less parts on it. But you need to ship the ECM to a shop to delete it...since your shipping it out minus well get it tuned
Any harm deleting it without a tune?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've had mine deleted for some time now without having my gilomen tune removing it. Zero issues, I could send it back in for a tweek but I have zero issues

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've had mine deleted for some time now without having my gilomen tune removing it. Zero issues, I could send it back in for a tweek but I have zero issues
Nice , after checking the reviews and a bit of research i will be going with Gilomen for the tune providing theres no problems getting it back and forth to Canada. Good to know that i can delete the EGR with no problems ( which i assumed would be the case ) . Thanks again for the help !

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Welcome Offroad709. I originally went with the Gilomen tune in the earlier days where there was a belief that there would be more warranty support than we ultimately receive. By purchasing the Gilomen tune and the option of a keeping the original factory ECM in the event we needed to swap them to get warranty work done seem to make sense. The Gilomen tune was an improvement. As promised the speed limiter was removed and when needed I could run 70-75 on a highway. I feel I got what Gilomen advertised but couldnt get over the feeling it was still lacking the power others were reporting with the Diesel Freak tune. The idea of spending another $600 to retune wasn’t something I wanted but after going to the 33” tires, between the decrease of power with the taller tires and the speedometer being off, I decided to send my original ECM to Diesel Freak. Got it back Friday, installed today. The was a very noticeable increase in pulling power through each gear. Nothing against Gilomen as I said it basically performs as advertised but not at the same level as the DF tune. As a plus, they are much closer to you for shipping. If you think it over and still want to go the Gilomen route, let me know and we could discuss a sale price for the one I have to help us both out. Rox on!

JFro

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
anybody else installed the DF Crossover tube?
this deletes the egr as well. But, while reading above, i'm worried i'll have a check engine light on full time and that would suck.
My ECM is also stage-2 tuned by DF
i should have mine in this week for the weekend install.

Cobra1six

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anyone know what size plugs to use on the coolant lines for the egr?

And where to buy them?

50431853-8BA1-49CE-A5BB-77C5B88585DE.jpeg 78D42142-A633-4D25-AD12-815C413086EE.jpeg FCB7871C-2FA3-4384-BACA-C63306C1C17C.jpeg

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Auto store. I think they are 1/2 look on the existing lines. Pretty sure u buy the caps in multiple sizes as a kit. Pretty cheap

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Auto store. I think they are 1/2 look on the existing lines. Pretty sure u buy the caps in multiple sizes as a kit. Pretty cheap
I thought they were 5/8. But there should be some rubber caps in the help section at the auto store. Put them on and a clamp them down and you’re good to go.

Daddyflea

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I have had mine deleted for over a year now. I also have a Diesel Freaks Stage 1 tune. Here is my thoughts. With my factory gearing I dont see why anyone would need more power. Mine is a 2022 Roxor. I plugged off the coolant lines but the little plugs started to fail in about a Month. I bought high dollar plugs that cost near $50 and they have held up. I get no warning lights, except seat belt but mine does not go into Limp mode. I could see where more power just might shell the clutch. I am happy with my DF tune just like it is. I do have the Intake hold down and a bunch of other goodies but mine is fine just as it is. This is my Roxor here. Fortress used it as a model for their new Windshield which is still on it Full Tip Out Windshield – Roxor | Fortress Pro | A Perry Company My Roxor runs about 60 at which time the RPMs are high enough I won't push it any further.

doschewy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have had mine deleted for over a year now. I also have a Diesel Freaks Stage 1 tune. Here is my thoughts. With my factory gearing I dont see why anyone would need more power. Mine is a 2022 Roxor. I plugged off the coolant lines but the little plugs started to fail in about a Month. I bought high dollar plugs that cost near $50 and they have held up. I get no warning lights, except seat belt but mine does not go into Limp mode. I could see where more power just might shell the clutch. I am happy with my DF tune just like it is. I do have the Intake hold down and a bunch of other goodies but mine is fine just as it is. This is my Roxor here. Fortress used it as a model for their new Windshield which is still on it Full Tip Out Windshield – Roxor | Fortress Pro | A Perry Company My Roxor runs about 60 at which time the RPMs are high enough I won't push it any further.
What size tire do you run? I have a 2022 too with the 235/75R16 tires

Uncle Chuck

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
CEL= check engine light.
I have a 2019 ROXOR and I deleted the EGR system entirely. I made my own blockoff plates. Wiring was just left disconnected. Running a stage 2 tune in the ECU, 4.56 gears and 33” tires. I can run comfortably at 70 mph according to the GPS speedometer app in my phone. And….. no check engine light!
Got my ECU tuned by Gilomen Innovations for $300. Very happy with those guys. Diesel Freaks was recommended by my dealer, but they charge $500.
I’m wondering if maybe you could get an OBD2 adapter pigtail for the computer (attaches under the dashboard by the driver’s left knee if I remember correctly) and then, with a scanner connected to that, clear out the CEL codes yourself. Those codes are referred to as DTC’s. (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) If you get any, some scanners will explain them, others just give you a combination of a few letters and numbers. You can google those and also look on YouTube for help figuring it out.
I’d certainly try that before leaving the CEL on all the time.
Anyway, I have a scan gauge that requires an OBD2 adapter, and a decent scanner. If any codes pop up, I’m pretty sure I could clear them out myself.
A scangauge is extremely helpful! You can monitor 4 different functions instead of relying on the idiot lights in the gauge cluster. I find also that when I use the speedometer function in the scangauge, it reads almost exactly the same as the GPS speedometer.
Good luck, and keep us posted!

Charlie H

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I'm thinking of removing it.

Replace it a couple of plates.

What are the ramifications of doing so?

Will it run differently? Better? Worse?

Any long term determent to the engine by doing so?
I'm looking for the delete kit any ideas
I'm having a hard time locating one

Charlie H

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I'm looking for a delete kit any ideas