ooooooooooo

2023 tuning and EGR unplug

wvdskin

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It looks like there are no tunes available for the 2023 Roxor with the new 2.7 liter motor. Also all of the tuners I have spoken with no longer offer off-road use only, ie EGR delete tunes. Other than a check engine light is there any reason why I couldn’t just unplug the EGR and/or install block off plates while leaving the EGR physically in place?

Lastly I purchased a bunch of parts from Diesel Freak, OTR and Amazon. I will post some pics as I get the installed.

MIRoxor

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
It looks like there are no tunes available for the 2023 Roxor with the new 2.7 liter motor. Also all of the tuners I have spoken with no longer offer off-road use only, ie EGR delete tunes. Other than a check engine light is there any reason why I couldn’t just unplug the EGR and/or install block off plates while leaving the EGR physically in place?

Lastly I purchased a bunch of parts from Diesel Freak, OTR and Amazon. I will post some pics as I get the installed.
Did you contact Wade LaLonde at Diesel Freak about the tune on the 23? He is the man, and would know definitively.

motormd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Tunes are a grey area as far as the EPA. But there have been some pretty heavy fines levied in the diesel world for exhaust/def deletes.
Egr delete falls in that environmental EPA regs. I bet most companies that offer these deletes are second guessing the risk reward equation.

wvdskin

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Did you contact Wade LaLonde at Diesel Freak about the tune on the 23? He is the man, and would know definitively.
I called several tune shops too include Diesel Freak and all they are told me that no tune for the 2023 was available as of yet. It seems that there is an issue cracking the code to overwrite the ECM.

23Roxor

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just made a block off plate to go between the egr cooler and intake. Left the egr valve in place. Works good and no service light has come on.

OffRoad709

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

This is what I done , no codes

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have not Posten in a while. Been busy.

I’m looking for the crimped metal tube on the EGR (silver in the picture below). I managed to break one.

Any one who deleted the EGR on their machine willing to sell me one?

Thanks.

IMG_1661.jpeg