EGR delete?

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So I'm thinking of removing it.

Replace it a couple of plates.

What are the ramifications of doing so?

Will it run differently? Better? Worse?

Any long term determent to the engine by doing so?

Wm435

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I'm thinking of removing it.

Replace it a couple of plates.

What are the ramifications of doing so?

Will it run differently? Better? Worse?

Any long term determent to the engine by doing so?
Runs better, sounds more like a diesel should, less overall heat build up, a little more power not much, better for the engines life, engine looks way cleaner looking with less parts on it. But you need to ship the ECM to a shop to delete it...since your shipping it out minus well get it tuned

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just remember, going from an egr delete to a stage2 tune will require some additional mods to make the tune worth while. Boost valve, air flow, intake hold down, exhaust pipes, maybe radiator or electric fan, inter cooler (depending on how serious you are getting).
And not all Californians support the communist movement going on led by Gov. Useless (newsome). That idiot just banned lawn mowers and leafblowers by 2025.

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just remember, going from an egr delete to a stage2 tune will require some additional mods to make the tune worth while. Boost valve, air flow, intake hold down, exhaust pipes, maybe radiator or electric fan, inter cooler (depending on how serious you are getting).
And not all Californians support the communist movement going on led by Gov. Useless (newsome). That idiot just banned lawn mowers and leafblowers by 2025.
I was planning on a stage2 and egr delete and DF intake Connection Kit, but didn't plan on boost valve, air flow (not sure what this is) or exhaust pipes. How important are those?

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Stage 2 with intake hold down and egr delete are ok. I didn't notice any difference with the exhaust. The stage 2 df comes with the boost valve. Intercooler isn't a really needed until you up the power from there.

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The more power your take from the engine it will require more air into it. Make sure your air filter can support the increase flow. I just got my ECU back from Diesel Freaks with a Stage 1 tune. Tested it out a little and it seems to be enough. The little Roxor takes off like a rocket now. And Highway speeds are easy to reach even with 4.88 gears.

IppoJ

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Also worth noting, no one will remove the CEL that the missing EGR valve will cause.
I have a Vivid tune that they advertised would, among other things, remove the egr cel.
they didn’t, I called them back to remedy and they then said “we can’t “