ooooooooooo

Affordable Option to Doors

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I like the idea of all soft material except half doors , maybe hard roof.......For many years I drove all over North America in a 1913 car with only a top , no side curtains. Granted it was summer, but at high elevations often there was snow, heavy wet stuff., rain never was a problem, only the wind.....I mean bikers survive with NO protection

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That looks really nice. So much better than the Mahindra option. Your craftsmanship is excellent.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Are you referencing the above post for the “ Jeepish” doors ?
I was replying to Jeepish's refined doors. Im use to message boards that show what post you are replying to. I like his doors but at the same time Im keeping mine open with a soft top. May change my mind next winter.

Last edited:

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Great fabrication! If someone made a solid windbreaker behind the seats would be on my list for sure
Thanks!
Im going to talk to a local vehicle upholstery guy and see if he could make a thick waterproof canvass windbreak with a window.

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks!
Im going to talk to a local vehicle upholstery guy and see if he could make a thick waterproof canvass windbreak with a window.

With seats reclined - now will be time to have a boat upholstery guy put the windbreaker (sunbrella or that new vinyl) with snap in windows . BUT I still like ur fabwork better to make solid wind breaker one day

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
With seats reclined - now will be time to have a boat upholstery guy put the windbreaker (sunbrella or that new vinyl) with snap in windows . BUT I still like ur fabwork better to make solid wind breaker one day
You and your fancy reclining seats. ? I think it’d be easy enough to make a solid windbreaker. Just need to find a cheaper supplier of this HDPE. A piece that big would be pricey. Then again for what these fools are asking for a half cab, it would be way cheaper.

Kickinrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You and your fancy reclining seats. ? I think it’d be easy enough to make a solid windbreaker. Just need to find a cheaper supplier of this HDPE. A piece that big would be pricey. Then again for what these fools are asking for a half cab, it would be way cheaper.
I know its a little off topic, but ive seen in some of your pictures, you have a tow bar mounted. Do you have a model number and source so i can get one? Looking to pull it behind my 5th wheel camper this summer.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I know its a little off topic, but ive seen in some of your pictures, you have a tow bar mounted. Do you have a model number and source so i can get one? Looking to pull it behind my 5th wheel camper this summer.[/QUOTE
I got mine from Harbor Freight. $69 or something like that. There is a thread about the tow bars on here somewhere.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The most common ( popular ) tow bar set up is the Blue Ox. They are not cheep, nstalled expect to spend over 1,000 $ I spent over 2,000 hooking up a Wrangler a few years ago. I had a. Custom bumper made painted body color.....These days I prefer pulling a trailer behind my motor coach.

Kickinrox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The most common ( popular ) tow bar set up is the Blue Ox. They are not cheep, nstalled expect to spend over 1,000 $ I spent over 2,000 hooking up a Wrangler a few years ago. I had a. Custom bumper made painted body color.....These days I prefer pulling a trailer behind my motor coach.
We do alot of our vacations in our home state of Montana. Theres just so many dang good places to go within a few hundred miles of us. But if i was going to go any further i would definitely put the rox and the dirt bikes on a trailer. Thanks for the info, tow bars are a subject if have no knowledge of and it good to hear of a preference in manufacturers.

Andydaniel1371

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

You have alotta good ideas Jeepish. I've looked at a few threads and learned alot. This pic shows 2 ideas gained on teamroxor.
Ur option... even half hard windbreaker & snap in glass top of doors and back glass for the boat upholstery shop would look good.
The only other option is to put a soft top over the hard top already done on teamroxor which helps support the glass top of the doors.
Summers coming so I'm saving that for later.
Thanks for the compliment on the seats

20190517_155257.jpg

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We do alot of our vacations in our home state of Montana. Theres just so many dang good places to go within a few hundred miles of us. But if i was going to go any further i would definitely put the rox and the dirt bikes on a trailer. Thanks for the info, tow bars are a subject if have no knowledge of and it good to hear of a preference in manufacturers.
The one I bought works great and didn’t spend a fortune. Flat towing comes with its limitations:
1. According to the manual, you should keep the tow speed under 55 mph.
2. You cannot back up while towing.
3.The front and rear differential do get pretty warm even if you follow the directions for flat towing in the manual. For extended flat tow, you should disconnect the driveshafts.
4. Wears out your tires quicker (trailer tires are a lot cheaper)

I have noticed that when flat towing, my fuel mileage is a lot better than when pulling a trailer with the Roxor on it. Partially because of the added weight of the trailer but also because of the reduced mph. These are just my 2 cents but I do like having both ways to haul the machine.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
You have alotta good ideas Jeepish. I've looked at a few threads and learned alot. This pic shows 2 ideas gained on teamroxor.
Ur option... even half hard windbreaker & snap in glass top of doors and back glass for the boat upholstery shop would look good.
The only other option is to put a soft top over the hard top already done on teamroxor which helps support the glass top of the doors.
Summers coming so I'm saving that for later.
Thanks for the compliment on the seats

View attachment 3849
It did seem pretty ridiculous to me to work on the full doors on a day when it was almost 90 degrees ha! At the rate I’m going though, it’ll be winter by the time I get all the kinks worked out. I like the idea of the board bench in the back. I can’t quite pull the trigger on a backseat even though I have 4 kids that love to ride. I like the cargo room for hauling things.