ooooooooooo

Affordable Option to Doors

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I
I would like to know when these are ready to put on the market. I have the roxor best top soft top on my roxor if you ever come up with a full door kit for those I would for sure want a set.
I hate full doors soft or hard. . I am very happy with aluminum half doors , painted body color from OTR . I am working on a soft upper ( side curtain ) design like what was used in the old days.

Morgan47

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I

I hate full doors soft or hard. . I am very happy with aluminum half doors , painted body color from OTR . I am working on a soft upper ( side curtain ) design like what was used in the old days.[/QUOTE
I

I hate full doors soft or hard. . I am very happy with aluminum half doors , painted body color from OTR . I am working on a soft upper ( side curtain ) design like what was used in the old days.
I

Yep that is what I’m looking for I should have been way more clear on that. I do have the half doors on my roxor with the best top on it and yes I did have to do some modifications but they look pretty good. What I woul like is some half soft doors to go on top of the half doors so I could remove them in the summer and run them in winter or when it rains.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Could use a set of the full doors around here, I would sugest to round off the windows corner it would look nicer.
How much would you sell a pair? Were can I find this PVC material?

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
what thickness of HDPE do you use? My cage is different so I'm going to have go build a set myself. Im looking to source material
I use 3/4” textured HDPE. I buy my material from Queen City polymers in Ohio. Not cheap but people are good to work with.

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would love to buy a set of these doors. These would be perfect, as I am ordering the Fortress tip out windshield and fortress hard top. Let me know if you are still open to making them.

Jamesc

Jeepish.
I am interested in the half doors complete with hinges and latch. Are you still making and selling them?

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The production doors from Roxor are a simple design, but are lacking in the latching department. I chose the OTR aluminum doors, hands down, and considering the price is the same , it’s a no brainer .

Indy4570

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I don't own a Roxor...YET. I have a question about the mirrors and how much they limit opening the door? I also have this idea that for simple half doors and versatility a lightweight window top half that maybe has a couple long pins on the bottom to slip down into to half door? possibly a lip on the outside that limits water coming in at the seam in a hard rain... Unable to open for sure but something simple, lightweight, thin. could slip into a bag that's stowed behind the seats and be available should the weather become inclement. Your half door design could sport some aluminum square tubing, to add stiffening as well as ports for some smaller tubing on the top half to slide down into?, you could even make a heavier version out of the same material that has the opening window. But the quick light version seems appropriate for those wanting the more open feel most of the time.

just some thoughts, do not mean to re-design your efforts, I think yours looks great, both half and full!

by the way, I LOVE your Roxor! the spacers, shackles and helper springs seems a great way to achieve larger tires without the full monty of a lift. I like the decals, especially the flags! If i can order one it will be the green one like yours. I will have funds in 10 months, will have to wait and see what the market has to offer then.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I don't own a Roxor...YET. I have a question about the mirrors and how much they limit opening the door? I also have this idea that for simple half doors and versatility a lightweight window top half that maybe has a couple long pins on the bottom to slip down into to half door? possibly a lip on the outside that limits water coming in at the seam in a hard rain... Unable to open for sure but something simple, lightweight, thin. could slip into a bag that's stowed behind the seats and be available should the weather become inclement. Your half door design could sport some aluminum square tubing, to add stiffening as well as ports for some smaller tubing on the top half to slide down into?, you could even make a heavier version out of the same material that has the opening window. But the quick light version seems appropriate for those wanting the more open feel most of the time.

just some thoughts, do not mean to re-design your efforts, I think yours looks great, both half and full!

by the way, I LOVE your Roxor! the spacers, shackles and helper springs seems a great way to achieve larger tires without the full monty of a lift. I like the decals, especially the flags! If i can order one it will be the green one like yours. I will have funds in 10 months, will have to wait and see what the market has to offer then.

Nothing new , they are called Side curtains , been around since cars were just getting started. These days Velcro’s a better choice when creating upper door protection.

Indy4570

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Nothing new , they are called Side curtains , been around since cars were just getting started. These days Velcro’s a better choice when creating upper door protection.

velcro degrades after a time in the elements, this is a more durable alternative, hard, and not something flimsy. I have some military tents with velcro windows and frankly they do not hold a "grip" very well anymore. In less than a year the velcro on a few tent buildings no longer does the trick holding the rolled up doors. Admittedly these are much cheaper than the military versions. I would assume the quality of hook and loop varies greatly.

I think the plastic panels Jeepish is using lends itself to a possible hard top section that also enables the stiffening desire he is looking for while giving the convertibility so the open air feeling can be had while still leaving the half door in place.

I might add that very few "side curtains" retain much visibility after a few years, that distorted blurry view through them is another aspect that would be remedied with the use of a lexan or plexi window glass.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

So I really feel like the half doors I’ve been making definitely serve their purpose but when i made the larger doors out of the HDPE, the door was just too flimsy. Maybe if the window was fixed it wouldn’t be too bad.

Also, the other problem I was running into is that the body of the Roxor along the bottom of the door is not exactly plumb with the roof (mine has a fortress top) and if you really look at the tops out there, most of them turn in at the front roll bar. When I put my flat, full door on the machine there was a gap in the corner.

I figured out that I could bend a piece of square tubing to compensate and screw it to the inside of the door and it did draw the door in under the top like it should be. So currently my full doors (the only set I built) have 1 piece of bent square tubing screwed to the door adjacent to the windshield. After driving around on the road and off, I realized that the doors are still too flimsy and would sometimes come open on me.

That is where I am currently. I’m either going to weld a complete tubing frame to be screwed to the inside of the door or do exactly like you said and make a frame to be attached to the half doors and get my local upholsterer to make some uppers with fixed or zippered windows.

For the mirrors, the half doors travel under them with no problem. For the full doors, you could either mount mirrors onto the doors or just make a simple stop with a short piece of paracord and some fender washers.

Thank you for the compliments on my Roxor. I’ve had just about as much fun tinkering with it as I have driving it.

Indy4570

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
the cost of addons is a huge consideration when buying these. I like it that you have looked for cheaper solutions to the inadequacies these little beasts have in base form. While I could not afford many of the addons I like the idea of thinking outside the box. I see a natural progression with yours being the fabrication of a rear panel to complete the cab. the availability of strong aluminum tubing or steel versions makes it entirely possible to build something aesthetic as well as functional. Necessity is the mother of invention... a wise old saying. In my case the "Necessity" is not only the need but the lack of 0's in my bank account ;)

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
the cost of addons is a huge consideration when buying these. I like it that you have looked for cheaper solutions to the inadequacies these little beasts have in base form. While I could not afford many of the addons I like the idea of thinking outside the box. I see a natural progression with yours being the fabrication of a rear panel to complete the cab. the availability of strong aluminum tubing or steel versions makes it entirely possible to build something aesthetic as well as functional. Necessity is the mother of invention... a wise old saying. In my case the "Necessity" is not only the need but the lack of 0's in my bank account ;)
I think that’s the main reason this forum has been so popular. Owners sharing with owners and potential buyers other ways to achieve the same result without breaking the bank. I do think you get a lot for the money with the Roxor but the accessories are grossly overpriced.
I’m not looking to get rich selling doors and certainly am happy to share with anyone the products I’m using and where they can get them to build for themselves.
I have definitely used a lot of ideas from other members which have saved me a lot of money.