ooooooooooo

6 Speed automatic now available

B

Bister

Heard rumours its chevy 6 Speed. I like the new console. Looks like slots to hold my phone and a couple of compartments.
59669443_331305114243174_7548169697166884864_n.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 8.03.51 AM.png

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow it jumped 5K. How much are the base models? Any other changes?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I curious in the gear ration, axles and trans. Did they change any over the manual?

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Last edited:

bordercollie

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I would like an automatic just for the ease of chasing calves during tagging and weighing here on the farm.. but would never pay that much for one.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You know there's something to be said for simplicity. The cast iron 5 speed is literally bulletproof (at least from the outside) and should it need a repair there's ways to limp home. That home's in handy when you're out in the middle of nowhere. I remember working in east Africa for 6 months and all we drove were jeeps and land cruisers with a diesel and a five speed. I'm gonna stick with that. However I'm sure others will find an auto handy.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Great points! In my opinion the price point and simplicity is part of the charm and enticement of what makes the Roxor, the Roxor. I personally love it for what and how it is now.

jgk

Founding Member
Bister,

Can you post a link to the page you got the images from? I can't seem to find that page.

Thanks

Last edited:
B

Bister

Bister,

Can you post a link to the page you got the images from? I can't seem to find that page.

Thanks
I stole the image off Facebook, it’s not on the Roxor page yet.

tuskermedic25

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I really like the center console. I’d never buy this vehicle as an automatic. That's just me. I do understand the need for an automatic.
A few Geriatrics and disabled individuals including a parapalegic came forth on the FB roxor page and stated this is what he was waiting to buy one. Im happy for them, but stick is more fun, even in traffic I agree.

B

Bister

I wouldn't mind an automatic. Been shifting my whole life, everything from a '3 on the tree' to a '2 stick 20 speed' and everything in between, sometimes it just nice to putt around and relax. Just did a derby on rough slow ground, steady shifting between first and 2nd all day. An auto would have been nice by the end of the derby. One of the last big trucks I drove was an auto shift 18 speed, loved it; take one of those any day again if I was still driving.

PS: Those ladies that drive the pink ones could probably kick our butts.

59837218_2687512501264414_8536346478321336320_n.jpg
IMG_6121.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Fred

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hi all new member here first post I have the auto trans. Didn’t have A choice the one I wanted had it in there and The price was right .Does Antony else have the auto

Divingbiker

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I recently purchased a 2020 Roxor with a fully enclosed hard cab, wipers, air conditioner, heat and automatic transmission. When I was shopping, I really wanted the manual transmission, but this one was priced right and had other features I wanted. (I'm in the deep south on the Louisiana gulf coast and plan to use this thing on the back streets so the AC was a really nice option)

I've had it for two weeks and have put 500 miles on it. We're at ground zero for where hurricane Laura made landfall last week so its been a great vehicle for running around town to pick up supplies, getting around down powerlines and massive amounts of debris. The miles we've put on the Roxor are mostly street miles but some are miles when offroading to check the storm damage at our camp. I wasn't crazy about how the auto transmission operated for the first couple of hundred miles because it shifted weird in 5th and 6th gear, especially when downshifting. But now that i have a few miles on the drive train, its shifting properly and seems to be operating properly. Overall, I'm very pleased with the operation with the auto transmission.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Glad you are happy with it. They are great little machines

undergroundroxor

Our first Roxor was an automatic with 3.73 gears and it was always hunting for a gear. We swapped to the newer axle ratio 5.38's and what a world of difference. All our 2020 models are automatics with the 5.38's and they are holding up so far.