ooooooooooo

Gear ratio and speed

wbully

Lifetime Member
Just breaking in my 2019 Roxor. Bought it for farm use etc. I am very impressed with how smooth the gears shift and clutching. However, it seems that I am staying in 1st gear and rarely need to shift into 2nd for cruising around. It seems that it shifts out and ground speed is really too fast just for cruising around checking on the cows. Is there a solution? Should I change the gear ratio in the rear end. The roxor seems to run to fast at low idle. I am wanting just to move around at a slow speed. Just wondering if anyone can comment.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Cheapest way for wouid to put a set of locking hubs on the front and leave them unlocked and run in 4 low. If you regear you gotta do both diffs or never use 4wd.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have to agree about the speed and txroadkill. I use mine for cattle also. It will idle in first gear, but sometimes even that is too fast. I wish they had a 4.10 or 4.11 gear ratio rather than the 3.73. It realy depends on what your doing. If there was an inexpensive way to change gear ratios, I'd be all over it. But until then I'll work with what I have. I sure like this machine anyway.

Karl Probts

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Cheapest way for wouid to put a set of locking hubs on the front and leave them unlocked and run in 4 low. If you regear you gotta do both diffs or never use 4wd.
I agree. I use low range with the hubs unlocked around my place. 3rd is a good gear. Just find a set of hubs that fit a old willys jeep. Real easy to install.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We also use Roxor as a cow/calf checker. Second the idea of low range and unlocked hubs as working well -- slowly and quietly moves along almost like an automatic.

B

Bister

I ran mine in 4 low with open diffs (stock) when I wanted to crawl around slow even though I didn't need 4x4. It won't hurt anything and really no pressure on anything with the open diffs. If you do lockers or anything along that lines, then it will feel different. I have lockers front and back now, so it's a bit different. Locked up, it turns tough, which is normal now.

drg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
none

CF59

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I installed 5.13 in one and 5.38 in another, will still run 70 on the road, and low is now really a low gear. Reverse is still too fast for my taste tho. There are some kits available for around $800 for front and rear.

Spanderung303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was thinking about 4.88 but im not sure if its too high im 4 low guys but need to ride at 60 sometime. So i should take 5.13 may be what brand of gear do you have part number?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk