ooooooooooo

YJ Windshield

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am planning to install a YJ windshield. Ive seen it mentioned as an option on here but haven't been able to find where anyone specifically has done what I have in mind. My reasoning for going with the YJ is that it has locations in the corners to attach the roll bar side pieces. I figure if I can find a set of those and some roll bar tubing, I can remake the parts of the roll cage that extend from the windshield back to the rear wheel wells.
Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this project?

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I can cut you a set of the windshield mount tabs on my plasma table. I just made a set for myself. Doing something similar on mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m doing a family style cage from scratch. 1.75 .120 wall dom tubing.

I should have a full cage starter pack available for sale next week. it will include the plates to mount the the factory tub points plus a sandwich plate for the front A pillar to the floor.

I guess I should also list the windshield tie in plates for sale too.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

I should have a full cage starter pack available for sale next week. it will include the plates to mount the the factory tub points plus a sandwich plate for the front A pillar to the floor.

Sounds good. Message me with the info when you get a chance.

PineCreek

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Awesome!

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Another part of my plan is to make a bracket for the top of the windshield that will allow me to re-attach my plastic OEM top. I am thinking I will bend a piece of aluminum at the right angle to rivet along the top crimped part of the windshield frame. I should be able to put some spacers and bolt the top to the bracket.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
IMG_1338.jpg

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What is the difference between the CJ and YJ windshields? Why did you choose the YJ vs the CJ?

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I might have a cj windshield in my scrap pile. I can compare them.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I believe the yj windshield has a better wiper system than the cj
That makes sense, I did see some upgrades to the wiper system for both vehicles. I would like to do this upgrade but I don't have the skill or tools required for the roll bar changes. I would still want the front hoop and then dropping everything down to match the height.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
View attachment 6520

That looks good! In the process of scoring a donor windshield frame with good glass at the local junk yard, I managed to get a pair of the rollbar to windshield extensions that look like they will work. If not, I know where to get some. Thanks!

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
That makes sense, I did see some upgrades to the wiper system for both vehicles. I would like to do this upgrade but I don't have the skill or tools required for the roll bar changes. I would still want the front hoop and then dropping everything down to match the height.
The wiper system was not my main motivation for going with the YJ. As I understand it, the CJ does not have the threaded holes for the rollbar to windshield extensions like the YJ. I mainly wanted to keep that extra protection.
Actually, going with a YJ means that you need to find some parts for the wiper system from a junked one. The CJ has kits available that appear to have everything.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Decided to install the donor windshield this weekend. My new frame came in but I decided it would be best to fit everything up with the one from the yunkyard. Looks good to me. The roll bar extensions I got look like they will bolt up to the center roll bar once I cut it down. The passenger side one is bent but for fitting up, it worked fine.

Donor Windshield.jpg