ooooooooooo

Windshield

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Moe, I have the OTR windshield on the way. Just wondering if you were able to use the factory rear view mirror with the windshield frame?

Yes.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
FYI, the OTR windshield is sweet. I got local auto glass in mine and had a paint matched paint job put on.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
IMG_3476.JPG

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey rhyan, the glass is .030 safety plate laminated glass. So DOT approved in most cases. The correct windshield gasket is a C.R. Laurence part number, 10248. We can also sell you the gasket for $30.00. The glass is a custom size, but should be fairly inexpensive if you have a reputable glass shop cut and install it. When paying for the glass cutting, seal, and installation from a glass shop here in Montana, the cost varied between $150-$200. If you already have the seal, the cost should be around $120 and should not exceed $200 no matter where you are, unless it is a special order glass for that shop. It is a very easy piece of glass for a shop to cut.

I have been waiting for a while now for one of your windshields in bare aluminum. I am working with my dealer on this project. He now tells me the gasket is on back order , is this a problem .? I was under the assumption that you provide the gasket with the frame assembly for 30.00 more ?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I didn't get one, but my local glass guy found one that worked well.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The other question is if painting the unit body color , seem to me that should be done before glass installed. Those of you out there who did this , when did you paint ?

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Before glass install. I dropped off the freshly painted frame to the auto glass guys and they did their thing.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The other question is if painting the unit body color , seem to me that should be done before glass installed. Those of you out there who did this , when did you paint ?

Thanks for that , now one more thing , paint code .? Or did you just use spectrograph.?

on_the_rox

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey Darstar, which dealership are you using? If you could email us at ontheroxfab@gmail.com, I can help clear things up for you. I have not gotten a bare aluminum windshield order for awhile, so I would like to make sure that it went through. Regarding the windshield gasket, it is just a $30.00 charge extra for that gasket. I may have been out when your dealership called, but I do have more in now. Thanks jrobz23, I am glad you are happy with the turn out!

Moe

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE 83
Moe, I have the OTR windshield on the way. Just wondering if you were able to use the factory rear view mirror with the windshield frame?
Doshounds, sorry for the delay, but yes, the mirror is fine. The windshield mounts to the bar with very similar clamps so works great.

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Doshounds, sorry for the delay, but yes, the mirror is fine. The windshield mounts to the bar with very similar clamps so works great.

Good deal. I received my frame today and grill. Waiting on blinker kit and lift Did your windshield come with a gasket to seal up the frame to the ROPS? I still have quite a bit of things to come in. Here's a pic of the grill

IMG_4394.JPG

Last edited:

Moe

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE 83
Good deal. I received my frame today and grill. Waiting on blinker kit and lift Did your windshield come with a gasket to seal up the frame to the ROPS? I still have quite a bit of things to come in. Here's a pic of the grill

View attachment 1228
No, no gasket or sealing material. I'm in the process of modifying my soft top and frame. I'm sewing a bead into the soft top and adding a channel to the frame for permanent solid seal. My wife's the one that sews, I've just been observing, but it is looking good. I'll share pics when we're done

Doshounds

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No, no gasket or sealing material. I'm in the process of modifying my soft top and frame. I'm sewing a bead into the soft top and adding a channel to the frame for permanent solid seal. My wife's the one that sews, I've just been observing, but it is looking good. I'll share pics when we're done

Look forward to seeing it.

Reactions: F n

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Where did you find the channel for the frame?