ooooooooooo

Recommendations on a windshield

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a rock road window frame. The drain flexes a lot down the highway. Last Thursday the glass actually came out of the frame. I'm looking for one that's a little safer.

IMG_20220624_145043.jpg IMG_20220623_161604.jpg

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
How long did it take to get the smell out of the Roxor?
No smell. I have been through a lot worse without a BM. Need to figure out how to get the blood out of the textured dash though

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I hope you heal fast!

One of my Roxors has the Mahindra factory windshield. Just as the Rock Road, the frame is a piece of sheet metal (aluminum) without any 3-D structure. Its a poor design for higher speeds (for as much as they cost). But, considering the Roxor is meant for trails, the frame meets the intended use.

The 3-D structure gives it strength.
I mounted a 1.5" x 1" aluminum tube (1/8 wall) at the bottom of the frame. The tube runs the full width of the windshield and sits right against the bottom of the window seal. I sprayed the tube with black truck bed liner and it looks like it has always been there.
About 2" from each end and in the middle are 5/16 bolts that go through the aluminum tube and the windshield frame.

Now,, there is zero flex in the frame at 70 mph (well over 100 lbs windload). Before I installed the tube, the frame and polycarbonate window would flex at the bottom, center about 1/2" to 3/4" at 50 mph.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you have a flat frame I would have a windshield cut from a car glass shop and glue it on Just like a car windshield.
We do it all the time on equipment and its cheap.
I would be doing that on the OEM pvc windshields frame when the pvc get too scratchy.

WhistlePig

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I thought I was being smart/thrifty and had a local glass shop cut a piece of automotive glass and glue it directly to the rops and the little panel at the base for about $375. Back in the day thats how every sand rail windshield I ever had was done, and it used to cost like $80-100. A couple weeks later I was trailering it across north Dakota, and they had apparently just freshly chip sealed every road in the state. I ended up with a dozen or so rock chips along the sides and top corners. The first night outside had enough temperature change to crack it from the side inward about 6". A solid bump on a trail the next day finished the crack from the side all the way to the bottom, 18" or so in total. Its been that way for about a year now and the other chips are staying in place. I drive it every day in the summer and exceed 75mph regularly in gusty Montana wind. I had been planning on replacing it with the dirt warrior windshield for the vent at the bottom and cheaper glass replacement cost when needed, but for now I'll stick with the blemished look and hope dirt warrior adds a little additional structure to their frame in the future. If not I may just replace it the same way and invest in some mud flaps for the truck!

Angus Rancher

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Got the Diesel Freaks windshield with the sliding vent on the bottom. Looks very nice, and the quality is great, but the vent doesn't provide enough air flow to eliminate a "dust void" where you sit, and it is dry and dusty here. Took it back off for now. The guys said it was kind of a b*tch getting the windshield installed in the frame, as well. It arrives in two parts. Hate to cut into the windshield frame, but if it just had more air flow....

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How is the fit with the cj windshield?
There is some info in this thread for fitting a CJ/YJ windshield. Ive been very happy with the results on mine. You just have to be willing too cut and weld your ROPS to match the windshield height.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m running the OTR frame that doesn’t fold. It’s just a flat piece of metal that holds the glass. No flex at all with it. I’m on my second glass only cause I was lazy and loosened the top mounts trying to remove/reinstall my bikini top. I cracked my glass due to flex but it was flex I induced trying to get the top on/off. I should have loosened the entire frame first and not the top clamps. Anyways the glass cracked but it stayed in place. My fault completely. Seems to be a solid frame for those not wanting to do mods to run a Jeep frame.