ooooooooooo

Windshield

me1.0

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Want to pull the trigger on a windshield. Leaning towards the dirt warrior folder. I'm just worried about the vents in the base leaking, even though it will mostly be a fair weather toy.

Just wanted some others experiences with different windshields and what they love and or hate about what they are running.

Thanks

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Want to pull the trigger on a windshield. Leaning towards the dirt warrior folder. I'm just worried about the vents in the base leaking, even though it will mostly be a fair weather toy.

Just wanted some others experiences with different windshields and what they love and or hate about what they are running.

Thanks

I swapped out for a CJ/YJ windshield. Was able to get working wipers on dash for $200. Mahindra options suck

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We have the Fortress tip out windshield on one of ours. The other one has the Fortress fixed windshield. The tip out, when closed, rattles sometimes past 30mph. I put a couple of pieces of weather stripping between the windshield and the frame to eliminate most of it. If it's open, it will slam shut around 25 mph. I prefer the fixed since I rarely pop open the tip out. Quality is great on both and easy to install.

DesertRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Dieselfreaks has an option with windshield wipers and DOT glass. I plan to get that as my next upgrade, those wipers come in handy!!

me1.0

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Unfortunately that is a bit out of my price range. The dirt warrior setup is half the price.

ToddBenson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the dirt warrior and a manual wiper I got from Amazon. Works fantastic and looks great. Super pleased I went with the dirt warrio. -

echo3delta

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If you dont like the cost of the aftermarket options (like I didnt) you can always build your own. The thing that got me was all of these companies cutting 1/8 steel or aluminum and selling it for $1000+ and wiper kits for $500 all without glass

Materials:
1/8 cold rolled steel-$65.00
Single blade Wiper kit-$35
Powdercoat-$75
Dot 1/8 glass w/gasket installed-$250
Gasket and edge trim-$70
Total-$495 (I already had LED lights)
73c4548d24d9d5b2fbf2d753217b92a4.jpg

B

Bister

If you dont like the cost of the aftermarket options (like I didnt) you can always build your own. The thing that got me was all of these companies cutting 1/8 steel or aluminum and selling it for $1000+ and wiper kits for $500 all without glass

Materials:
1/8 cold rolled steel-$65.00
Single blade Wiper kit-$35
Powdercoat-$75
Dot 1/8 glass w/gasket installed-$250
Gasket and edge trim-$70
Total-$495 (I already had LED lights)
View attachment 8645

Are you going to be selling these you think and how much do you want?
Will they work with the OEM cab etc? Will it come with glass?
How much is shipping?

I think some folks might be interested if you can sell them cheap enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

echo3delta

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Are you going to be selling these you think and how much do you want?
Will they work with the OEM cab etc? Will it come with glass?
How much is shipping?

I think some folks might be interested if you can sell them cheap enough.
Mr. Bister,

I dont think I will be selling any right now (I do that all day at work as a welder/fabricator LOL ) but anyone that wants a walk through on how to do it Id be happy to help. Ill put a CAD file together with the measurements and post it here sometime this week.

Its really a pretty simple process. I did mine in my shop with a plasma cutter, but if you take the drawings to a weld shop they could do the cutting for you way cheaper than the aftermarket options. Biggest deal is to make sure the glass cutout is square.

Should fit the OEM cab, id need measurements and pictures of the cab to answer that for sure though.
64ff39e4df1b27429ff13a0792dd65d2.jpg

B

Bister

Mr. Bister,

I dont think I will be selling any right now (I do that all day at work as a welder/fabricator LOL ) but anyone that wants a walk through on how to do it Id be happy to help. Ill put a CAD file together with the measurements and post it here sometime this week.

Its really a pretty simple process. I did mine in my shop with a plasma cutter, but if you take the drawings to a weld shop they could do the cutting for you way cheaper than the aftermarket options. Biggest deal is to make sure the glass cutout is square.

Should fit the OEM cab, id need measurements and pictures of the cab to answer that for sure though.View attachment 8646

We get frames made also for our Roxor's at the dealership I help. We don't sell them cause shipping, glass, clamps, foam, profit would bring them up to the same price as the others unless someone wants to buy 4 at a time just painted. These cost us $350CDN ($275 US) laser cut, formed and powder coated.
They match the OEM ones perfect so they work with the cabs etc from Roxor. I have seen other windshield and they all need modifying to work with the OEM stuff.

I was just enquiring in case you made them for sale for others.

This is one that we make that takes an Arctic Cat vent so you get some air movement.

windshield.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

Collin S.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Thanks

I have the dirt warrior folding and love it. I’m in Southern California so my weather is always great but when I wash my Roxor almost no water comes in through those vents at all. I looked at all the other options out there and this one is the best, I think. It’s the best price and quality, looks rad, folds (not sure why anyone wouldn’t want a folding one) and it’s crazy durable.

me1.0

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks, that's great to hear. Makes the decision that much easier.

robertdmerrill99

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Thanks

One consideration on the Dirt Warrior fold vs. non fold. Kerri at Dirt Warrior said they are about to offer automated windshield wipers as an add on, which are necessary to make it street legal. She told me the fold will not accommodate those windshield wipers once available. So if that is part of your plan in the future - you need fixed, not fold. Just got my fixed -installing it this weekend. Good people to work with. Good luck

me1.0

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
One consideration on the Dirt Warrior fold vs. non fold. Kerri at Dirt Warrior said they are about to offer automated windshield wipers as an add on, which are necessary to make it street legal. She told me the fold will not accommodate those windshield wipers once available. So if that is part of your plan in the future - you need fixed, not fold. Just got my fixed -installing it this weekend. Good people to work with. Good luck
On the website you can get a wiper as an add on for the fold down now. Not sure I understand.

Mpm

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a dirt warrior fixed windshield. I contacted them to inquire about new wiper options and they confirmed that they will have a complete wiper kit available very soon. 2 stage motor, wiper, washer, and harness. Seems logical that it wouldn’t work on a folder but I didn’t ask.

nomadsnj

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I bought a Rock Road folder last fall. Easy to install. Seems very durable. Pleasure to deal with owner. Glass installer was very impressed with the quality. Makes it a hell of a lot more enjoyable to run in cold weather. Most popular option so far for my family. Very stable at highway speeds.

Compshooter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I first built my own plexiglass windshield. It was a POS. So I bought a YJ completed windshield (un-cracked glass and wipers and wiper motor) for I think $250ish. Love it!

IMG_1244.jpeg

robertdmerrill99

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
On the website you can get a wiper as an add on for the fold down now. Not sure I understand.

Yes, it is a manual (hand cranked) wiper. $65 - and from what I hear works great. In VA, in order to get it street legal to pass inspection, the wipers have to be automated. The automated ones apparently will have some mechanics that get in the way of the windshield folding down. They are not even listed on their site yet - they are finalizing the design and pricing. Just wanted to mention it in case you have a similar requirement for street legal where you live, if that is even something important to you.

me1.0

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for the info. Didn't realize it was manual. Another member had the windshield but got his own wiper from eBay for less than $50. May go that route.

Kinetixrcr

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
In case anyone is still interested in the Dirt Warrior electric windshield kit, I can confirm that they are finishing up sourcing the last few little bits and pieces and then the kits will be shipping. The washer reservoir has one of the best mounting brackets I have seen and everything is plug and play. The wipers also turn on and off with the key switch with self-parking on key off, so that may be a big plus for some people.