ooooooooooo

Which skid plates are must have?

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm not going to rock crawl but will be using it on logging roads and across creeks and such. With 9" clearance I can imagine hitting something at some point.

Which areas are the most vulnerable?

edited for typo

Last edited:

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Only skids to buy are Cecco’s. They are stout. factory oil pan skids are prone to breaking without even being used off-road. Get Cecco’s oil pan and transfer case skid. And then if money is left over get his fuel tank skid. I highly suggest doing his body lift in conjunction with the fuel tank skid. Put body lift on first the you have easier access to the bolts and harness’s on the fuel tank. and when you put the fuel tank skid on you can raise your tank 1” higher upon the reinstall. The fuel tank skid has two bolt positions, stock and 1” higher.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've heard many complaints about the factory skid. Take a look at the ontherox skids too.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I accidentally used the stock fuel plate it sucks bad. Now have a OTR skid plate. Note to everyone that wants a fuel skid plate much easier to install if you don't don't dent your fuel tank. It made the skid plate install a curse fest

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here are 2 pics of my fuel, one of my tranny and one of my oil pan. Can anyone tell me the maker of the oil pan? I assume the others are OEM? They do not impress.

Attachments

• Fuel tank 2 ROXOR.jpg
    Fuel tank 2 ROXOR.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 158
  • Oil Pan armor ROXOR 9-8-21.jpg
    Oil Pan armor ROXOR 9-8-21.jpg
    246.3 KB · Views: 184
  • Thin sheet metal black fuel tank ROXOR.jpg
    Thin sheet metal black fuel tank ROXOR.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 164
  • Tranny armor ROXOR 9-8-21.jpg
    Tranny armor ROXOR 9-8-21.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 145

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Those are all factory skids.

us17094

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Is the factory oil pan skid plate as problematic as the factory fuel tank skid plate? Cecco does not seem to offer an oil pan skid plate anymore.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
OTR has a fuel tank skid plate very stout

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’m not a fan of the OTR oil pan skid. It glues on the oil pan and doesn’t protect the slave cylinder. It’s most likely better than factory but cecco is the best solution thus far. I know he stopped doing tire carriers. I imagine he’s stopped the oil pan skid as well due to cost of materials. I’m sure in time he’ll offer them again. Reach out to him and get the reason from here vs us all speculating on the reasons why he’s done what he did.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
OTR has a fuel tank skid although I haven’t looked at it close. It’s better than factory. The Cecco let’s you lift the tank an inch if you have the body lift. It also has some sides on the bottom instead of a straight C shape that OTR has. This gives it some more strength over OTR. I’m not sure if OTR sandwich’s the factory skid or if it completely replaces it.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I ordered my OTR from them directly 2 months ago. I actually used the stock fuel skid and it bent up. The new skid plate is good enough for where I will take it

Last edited:

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’ve already said it’s a factory oil pan skid.

Yes you did and thanks for the info. This is the only ROXOR I've ever seen and it was so different than the other two OEM aluminum foil useless pieces that I wasn't sure. Didn't mean any offense and truly appreciate all the help you and others have given me. Thanks

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
OTR fuel skid u remove the worthless factory skid plate

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Is the OEM oil pan skid plate 'adequate' or do most owners replace it? I have not experience and it looks stout to me.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have kept it. It's better than nothing. I am also no longer of the age to tear up my rox. The oil pan hangs so low anything is better than nothing. I have no intention on replacing mine until the need arises

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Many have had the factory skid break. The support brackets crack. Many of them have never seen any off-road use and still end up broke. Not sure if it’s a design flaw or materials flaw or both. I suppose it’s better than nothing but most owners who wheel their machines will end up swapping it out for an aftermarket solution that is better than factory.