ooooooooooo

Tune/flash

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just installed the KMS stage 3 and absolutely love it. The power increase is amazing and it drives very well. Have to agree on keeping stock unit for warranty issues.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Vetdawg, I bought the KMS stage 3 also and waiting for delivery. Does it trow out any black smoke from the exaust or its clean?
They told me 115hp so it must make a hell of a difference. Cant wait.

Tinfoil I believe you are right. Sensors must be deleted so you dont get a code when you remove the EGR.

I just installed the KMS stage 3 and absolutely love it. The power increase is amazing and it drives very well. Have to agree on keeping stock unit for warranty issues.

Bailey

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I did Diesel Freak stage 1. You keep the same factory ECM. So i like that. One of engineers I spoke with from Mahindra about this particular tune said it was safe for Roxor motor, clutch, etc. so I went that route. Stage 1 tune also provides rev limiter, too.

Tokarev

I did Diesel Freak stage 1. You keep the same factory ECM. So i like that. One of engineers I spoke with from Mahindra about this particular tune said it was safe for Roxor motor, clutch, etc. so I went that route. Stage 1 tune also provides rev limiter, too.
What's redline for the little diesel?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tinfoil Hat

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Vetdawg, I bought the KMS stage 3 also and waiting for delivery. Does it trow out any black smoke from the exaust or its clean?
They told me 115hp so it must make a hell of a difference. Cant wait.

Tinfoil I believe you are right. Sensors must be deleted so you dont get a code when you remove the EGR.

Yes, unfortunately this thing rolls coal, but I expect that they all do that with a tune.

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Skymarc my KMS stage 3 does not smoke at all. It runs perfectly and power is awesome. I did not do any other engine mods only the ECU. I could not be happier

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I ordered a KMS tune on October 1 and contacted them on the 16th about why it hadn't been shipped yet. They said that they had had some issues with their tune so they were re working it and they would have it out asap. Now its the 24th and I havent heard anything. This isn't instilling confidence. Have any of you with KMS had any serious issues, if so what are they? I am having a feeling that I made a mistake and should have went with diesel freak

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have not had any problems with my KMS stage 3 tune. I have put about 120 miles on it since I installed it. I have been very pleased with it so far so I do not think you made a bad choice at all. Let us know if you hear of any issues.

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have not had any problems with my KMS stage 3 tune. I have put about 120 miles on it since I installed it. I have been very pleased with it so far so I do not think you made a bad choice at all. Let us know if you hear of any issues.
Here is what they said

"Unfortunately it appears that Mohindra made a few changes that we were unaware of when designing the new tune. A couple of the newer models have had some issues with the programming in our tune. We are bringing in a Roxor from a dealer to do testing, in order to update our tune. We are committed to selling only high quality products that deliver reliable power and performance, that our customers will be happy with for the long haul. We will get you updated as soon as we have completed testing and updated the tune. We don't anticipate it taking long to complete the process. Thank you so much for your patience." ---KMS Performance

I get a little paranoid messing with the computer systems.

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
O
Here is what they said

"Unfortunately it appears that Mohindra made a few changes that we were unaware of when designing the new tune. A couple of the newer models have had some issues with the programming in our tune. We are bringing in a Roxor from a dealer to do testing, in order to update our tune. We are committed to selling only high quality products that deliver reliable power and performance, that our customers will be happy with for the long haul. We will get you updated as soon as we have completed testing and updated the tune. We don't anticipate it taking long to complete the process. Thank you so much for your patience." ---KMS Performance

I get a little paranoid messing with the computer systems.
Big reason I went with diesel freak they were the first ones to unlock the power available in this engine.

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If Mahindra changed something recently either with the ECU, or the sensors in the engine, it could potentially impact all tunes for the newest Roxors. I will put KMS ecu in today for the first time tonight, and take it for a spin around the block and report back.

If there is an issue, the great thing about KMS, is you can put your old ECU back in. I am sure they will make it right.

The ECU tuning game is always dynamic. Wish me luck:)

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If Mahindra changed something recently either with the ECU, or the sensors in the engine, it could potentially impact all tunes for the newest Roxors. I will put KMS ecu in today for the first time tonight, and take it for a spin around the block and report back.

If there is an issue, the great thing about KMS, is you can put your old ECU back in. I am sure they will make it right.

The ECU tuning game is always dynamic. Wish me luck:)
Good luck I almost went with them for the very reason I could keep my old ecu.

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I called KMS today and asked about the problem. She told me it applies to newer 2019 models that Mahindra made some ecu changes to that they were not aware of. I have a 2018 that I bought when rebates were so good. She told me I do not need to worry about anything with my 2018. I must admit I was relieved because mine runs so good now I did not want to have to change it. I have been pleased with my purchase and customer service from KMS. I would be really surprised if they do not have the newer 2019 issue fixed soon.

arupp

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I called KMS today and asked about the problem. She told me it applies to newer 2019 models that Mahindra made some ecu changes to that they were not aware of. I have a 2018 that I bought when rebates were so good. She told me I do not need to worry about anything with my 2018. I must admit I was relieved because mine runs so good now I did not want to have to change it. I have been pleased with my purchase and customer service from KMS. I would be really surprised if they do not have the newer 2019 issue fixed soon.
yeah I have a 2018 as well so I don't need this update. See what happens I guess, hopefully the 2019 "fix" will be fine on the 2018 "pre fix"

Trebz

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ok, I went with the stage 1 tune from KMS. I installed it tonight and to be honest, the gains were fairly modest.

Since I don’t have my plates yet, it was a bit difficult to find a low risk stretch of road by my house in Minneapolis where I could see if I could indeed get over 45. I think I got it to about 55 before I had to turn, but the Roxor was running out of juice. Maybe it would have gone 60 since I was going downhill, but I don’t think I could do 60 going uphill.

Everything ran great, no sputtering or noises. Crazy simple install once I figured out how the latch worked on the harness.

I think I like to tune for running around off road, and then occasional street use, but there is not enough performance gains to drive this on a highway (defiinitely not a freeway). I will send it back to KMS and pay the $100 upgrade fee to do the stage 3 tune. For any of you deciding between stage 1 and 3, I strongly suggest you go with 3.

At least for my usage which will primarily be at our cabin, I will have quite a bit of state highway use to get to different places, restaurants etc, and the stage 1 one won’t cut it.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I
have had my KMS stage 2 tune in mine since May. Put 1300 miles on it. No problems. It’s a good product. And I still have the original.

Vetdawg

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ok, I went with the stage 1 tune from KMS. I installed it tonight and to be honest, the gains were fairly modest.

Since I don’t have my plates yet, it was a bit difficult to find a low risk stretch of road by my house in Minneapolis where I could see if I could indeed get over 45. I think I got it to about 55 before I had to turn, but the Roxor was running out of juice. Maybe it would have gone 60 since I was going downhill, but I don’t think I could do 60 going uphill.

Everything ran great, no sputtering or noises. Crazy simple install once I figured out how the latch worked on the harness.

I think I like to tune for running around off road, and then occasional street use, but there is not enough performance gains to drive this on a highway (defiinitely not a freeway). I will send it back to KMS and pay the $100 upgrade fee to do the stage 3 tune. For any of you deciding between stage 1 and 3, I strongly suggest you go with 3.

At least for my usage which will primarily be at our cabin, I will have quite a bit of state highway use to get to different places, restaurants etc, and the stage 1 one won’t cut it.
I would definitely recommend going with stage 3, I have had mine up to 60 and she definitely had more power on tap. I debated about stage 1 but person I talked to at KMS talked me into stage 3. Glad I went this route it’s amazing the difference from stock.