ooooooooooo

SUPPORT THESE GUY'S BECAUSE THE ROXOR IS IN SAME BOAT!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I don’t know but don’t think so.

Then why is the Roxor any different? It's a pile of parts to be used to assemble a road-worthy vehicle. If you got a title to describe said pile, that doesn't overly matter.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
This is the key here. When you 'register' it, you trade your MSO for a state issued title. You are not forced to register it with the local/state governing body. This is actually the same for any vehicle/implement (though most buy through a dealership where it may have already been registered/titled).

Now.. most states require you to have a title and proper plating, etc etc, to drive on public roads. The legal wrinkle I'm referring to is not exactly relevant to this fact, though.
The dealer automatically gets it titled when you buy it. Not directed at you but everyone: This thread is Texas specific so please discount what’s happening in other states as it doesn’t apply for our situation here in Texas.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Clarification: They do NOT have a title.
Well j robz, in Texas they have a title. That's the issue here. When you buy here, I traded for mine, no cash, I received a title and a letter for registration .

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
The dealer automatically gets it titled when you buy it. Not directed at you but everyone: This thread is Texas specific so please discount what’s happening in other states as it doesn’t apply for our situation here in Texas.
Txroadkill, yes exactly. But if we can get this s h I t figured out in Texas, as we go, other states will follow.

BDRAG

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Rox proudly carries a Montana title and plate ....and , it says “ street legal” on the title. Same for my insurance. It is also quite correct these Jeep knock offs only give you an MSO upon purschase., same for thousands of farm machinery. It’s all about where you go from here that counts, ...with this Montana title you should be able to pay forward a transfer and a title in most other states.

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My Rox proudly carries a Montana title and plate ....and , it says “ street legal” on the title. Same for my insurance. It is also quite correct these Jeep knock offs only give you an MSO upon purschase., same for thousands of farm machinery. It’s all about where you go from here that counts, ...with this Montana title you should be able to pay forward a transfer and a title in most other states.
What was the process for getting it titled and licensed in Montana?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
I was told by DMV here, even if you have good tag in another state, Texas does not recognize a roxor for street use and would capture the out of state title at registration. That leaves you without any title. That is BS but what they say will happen , you turn in title for registration and never get it returned when your denied.

BDRAG

Bobby

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Agreed. Mahindra went to, and still does (check out current TV commercials) trouble to make our rides un licenseable.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
From the best of my research and memory in Texas once you are here longer than 30 days (residency not visiting for work/vacation) you must register here. That takes care of out of state tags. Small plates on the roxor will be a huge flag here and most likely land you in trouble. You need full size plates and nothing mentioned about off-road or limited road use or whatever other states might put on registration papers. That said if you could get a full size license plate in another state and it didn’t mention off-road on it and you set it up as an llc in that state you would be good to go in Texas. Again if your from another state throw out all you know as Texas is different from your state. Especially if you don’t wish to form an llc and jump thru hoops. I looked into it and don’t wish to invite the state and feds into my life. LLC opens you up to tax laws too and adds extra expenses (registered agents, tax filings) just to be street legal that in the end can still get you in trouble. I’m anxiously awaiting the final law and implementation to get full street legal but till then I’m operating under Texas transportation code 637.037 under the ag use exemption. Jeepers all get Roxed and generaly the law leaves you alone till the see no plates. Been pulled over once and they don’t know about the exemption so you have to educate them roadside and hope for the best. That officer still believes I’m wrong and looking to get me again. He let me go that day but we’ve (family) has run into him since and he has said so. No worries here but till I can get tags this will be an ongoing thing. I now have the law statute memorized for roadside lookup. He even handed my dad the printout to give to me. At the time I didn’t have the flag. I do now. I knew about it but didn’t have it on yet. He let me go but was very curious about that law. Knowledge is power.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just found out about HB 1548 Texas Legislature Online - 86(R) Text for HB 1548

It appears we still retain the Ag exemption but the code has been moved to 551A.057 which I will assume becomes 551.057 and the A designates amended. Everything looks the same with the exception of needing a drivers license.

And if you read all of the bill it looks like off highway vehicles get a special plate in certain counties to travel on rds with speed limits 35 and under. Think golf carts on the beach at Port Aransas, TX.

9FFF0D00-EE96-4646-91FA-EC19CEE7A64D.png
1A42104D-CA24-490F-94B3-2E9B970859AE.png

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So essentially I just need to put a flag on the back and keep a bag of tomatoes with me? Seems easy enough.
Tomatoes aren’t year round. Best if you have an ag tax number and can link something in that list. If you ever have to go to court being able to produce an ag tax number will be greatly beneficial. But when it comes down to it I’m willing to bet a case of beer a good lawyer can get you off if you happen to drive to a farmers market and purchase your fruit and veggies there (connected with shipping). Have a deer lease, deer corn (shipping and use of). Hell just slap a sign on the side and call it “marketing”, make it ag related though... very broad statute.