ooooooooooo

SUPPORT THESE GUY'S BECAUSE THE ROXOR IS IN SAME BOAT!

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
In my search to find out just what the state of Texas is up to and why they can't see that the Roxor is safe for the street when all the state required safety modifications are done correctly and per their instructions and certified by their authorized ASE people and that would be good for any other classic car or custom rebuild.

I found this link to what the state of Texas has done to the Dune buggy, Sand rail and kit car guy's. Read along. Its frightening! The D M V in Texas is doing some crazy and in my mind some way left, un warranted infringements on our rights! Make sure and read the letter state rep Jonathan Stickland wrote the head of the D M V.

I am making a contribution to their cause. I have also contacted one of the organizers and mentioned how eerily similar my conversation with the Austin D M V was about the Roxor! This Austin person talked about my rejection the same way and explained the exact same process was in store for registered Roxors! WTF? He never mentioned the Dune Buggy issues. I stumbled across them.

I told the Save The Dune Buggy contact about my conversation and I told them I would post their link here. I asked him to add the SUBCHAPTER D. Sec. 502.140 to their change list. I ask that some kind of a variance or verbiage allowing some sort of waiver or broadening and not just a blanket statement be added. I also contacted my state rep and gave him the info and asked that he join their cause. They are having a meet on the State Capital Grounds in October! I may attend.

Read ABOUT OUR CAUSE on the below link. One of the names on the DMV board in attendance was the guy in Austin that shot me down! Be aware that the state may be reading our posts as they do theirs.

Save the Texas Dune Buggy, Sandrail & Kitcar – We are here to amend Administrative Rule 217.3

BDRAG

Last edited:

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
I just donated my allotted fender flair money! I ain't driving it on the road for now so why not! :oops::D:D:D(y)(y)(y)(y)

I asked if they want any Roxors there in Austin next month. I will post his response if I get one.

BDRAG

Reactions: Tim

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Well I am receiving some support effort decals for my donation! YEE HAW. Lol. Anyone want to meet in Austin to show support? I think Oct 25th. I plan on showing up just not sure if the Roxor will be in tow or not.

BDRAG

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Why not drive to a non-commy part of TX and try to get a better response?

Treat Austin like IL treats Chicago.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #

If your speaking of trying to register in another county, LEGALLY you are to register in your own county. I think Texas has 254 counties? Lol.

The reason I wanted the other Roxor owners here in the state to read about this groups cause is, I was told by one of those state dmv persons who just happened to be in attendance in the meetings on their web site, one of the people making and writing the B.S. rules is the person I talked with in Austin to find out what B.S. was going on with my case. That person gave me in almost the exact wording the speech about revoking license plates already issued and not allowing others to be obtained. Basically telling me that the same thing that DID HAPPEN to the Dune Buggy / Sand rail / kit car guys WILL HAPPEN TO ROXOR's in this state! It's reality and its government over stepping its purpose!

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
So I am 90% in on attending the meeting on Oct 25 at 10:00am on the steps of the capital building. Drive down after work Wednesday and head over after a night of meet and greet. Anyone else think they may go? I am telling you all, this will help our cause as well as the Dune buggy kit car guys.

BDRAG

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If your speaking of trying to register in another county, LEGALLY you are to register in your own county.

Are you certain of this? This is not the case in any state I've lived in.. and it is very common to visit DMVs in other counties to avoid "special" humans that legislate from the DMV counter.

It's reality and its government over stepping its purpose!

One can say that about most things governments do. This is why only government employees notice when it shuts down. It's parasitic more often than not.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
To register your vehicle in person, take your registration renewal notice and proof of current liability insurance to your county or an approved substation.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
or an approved substation.

As in any DMV in the state? Specifically one with little and/or no Hammer-Sickle flags out front?

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
As in any DMV in the state? Specifically one with little and/or no Hammer-Sickle flags out front?

HAhaaaa. noooooooo. They are referring to some grocery store, pharmacy, farm stores, places that can do the simple issue a new tag for the window if you have the tag renewal thingy you get in the mail. HAhaaaa. You can do that on line.

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
More:
Texas title and registration for a motor vehicle must file at the county tax assessor-collector " of the county in Texas
where the applicant resides" within 30 days of establishing residency.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Here are some support media links for Save The Texas Dunebuggy. Off their web site.

Media Links

Link to Hemmings November 6th, 2017
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2017/11/06/texas-begins-revoking-titles-for-dune-buggies-and-other-kit-cars/
Link to Motor Authority November 6th 2017
https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1113661_texas-revoking-titles-for-dune-buggies-and-other-kit-cars
Link to AutoBlog November 6th, 2017
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/06/dune-buggies-registration-license-texas/
Link to Hemmings May 4th, 2018
https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2018/05/04/txdunebuggy-03/?refer=news

s%3A%2F%2Fwww.hemmings.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F%2F2018%2F09%2FBruceMeyers_01-970x546.jpg

hemmings.com

Bruce Meyers to lend support to opponents of Texas dune bu | Hemmings Daily
Bruce Meyers sees the Texas DMV's ban on homebuilt cars as far more than just a threat to the Meyers Manx and fiberglass-bodied dune buggies that he created and

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
A few more lines to show just what we are up against in Texas. This is from an April 26th Working Group meeting.

April 26th was the second Working Group meeting, and it was only scheduled for half a day. Turns out half a day was all that was truly needed. Unfortunately that was the day that we all understood that the Texas DMV was stringing us along. They continue to hang their hat on Dune Buggies, Sandrail and Kitcars not complying with Federal Motor Vehicle Standards. It is incomprehensible to most, how our vehicles are considered to be unsafe by the Texas DMV while other custom built cars are considered to be safe. Or are they?

"A member of the meeting asked “if a Dune Buggy owner cuts the chassis in order make the wheelbase shorter, how does that differ from a vehicle that has been C-Notched in order to raise the chassis over the axle to get the car lower to the ground with Air Ride Suspension”.

The response from the Texas DMV was that,

+++++ “those vehicles do not comply with Federal Motor Vehicle Standards”.+++++

We then said, “there are hundreds if not thousands of vehicles that are just as described LEGALLY driving around Texas every day”. Their response,

+++++“then give us their names and we will revoke them too”.+++++

Of course we don’t want to drop anyone else in the grease, but we do want them to be aware. The meeting ended with the members of the Assembled Vehicle Coalition of Texas and our Legislative Consultant agreeing that the Texas DMV does not want to play ball with us, so we go to the next step.

THIS IS THE SAME CRAP I WAS TOLD ON THE PHONE ABOUT THE ROXOR OWNERS!

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Made my reservation for the October 25th Austin Meeting on the Capital lawn with Legislators, State Reps and the Head of the Sunset commission who is also a Senator. These guys have support all the way up to and including Governor Greg Abbott! Sweet!

The state of Texas has some deep rooted bureaucrat's that need to be ousted. Ya gotta start somewhere!

BDRAG

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Alright all my fellow Roxor owners. I am off to Austin with hands full of informational packets for every state senator, representative and anyone on the Sun Set commission who will be attending the SAVE THE TEXAS DUNE BUGGY /SAND RAIL/ KIT CAR protest on the south capital lawn on Thursday October 25th at 10:00am. Come join in. My info packets are as follows. Very short and to the point about why the Roxor is not in the same class as the rest of the OFF-HIGHWAY vehicles that Sec. 502.140 (a) refer to as all-terrain or recreational off-highway vehicles that may not be registered with or without design modifications for operation on a public highway. The version below is close but not exactly whats in the packets due to forum limits on space. Lol.

Please pray to your higher person for good weather and safe travel for all those coming from all over the country for this. Lets put the DMV in their place. There are rumors that Gov. Greg Abbott will attend.

BDRAG

PLEASE ADD CONSIDERATIONS FOR AMENDING Sec.502.140 (a)

Along with the Assembled Vehicles Coalition of Texas efforts to change Texas Administrative Code, Title 43, Part 10, Chapter 217, Sub-chapter A. Rule 217.3 In the next legislative session. “Texas DMV considers dune buggies and sand rails “designed for off-road usage and may not be legally operated for use on Texas streets or public roadways.”

SUBCHAPTER D. VEHICLES NOT ISSUED REGISTRATION

Sec. 502.140. CERTAIN OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLES. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a person may not register an all-terrain vehicle or a recreational off-highway vehicle, with or without design alterations, for operation on a public highway.
(b) The state, a county, or a municipality may register an all-terrain vehicle or a recreational off-highway vehicle that is owned by the state, county, or municipality for operation on a public beach or highway to maintain public safety and welfare.​

THE OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLES PICTURED BELOW ARE UNDERSTANDABLY THE INTENT OF SEC. 502.140 (a)

1540346795460.png
1540346847350.png
1540346865815.png

THE VEHICLE TYPES PICTURED BELOW ARE EXAMPLES OF VEHICLES LEGAL FOR HIGHWAY USE.

1540346939746.png
1540346957885.png
1540346972155.png

THE VEHICLE PICTURED BELOW ON THE LEFT IS THE ROXOR WHICH IS BUILT BY MAHINDRA. THE ROXOR IS BASICALLY A COPY OR REPLICA OF THE JEEP CJ 5 WHICH WAS MANUFACTURED FROM 1954 TO 1963. THE CJ 7 WAS MANUFACTURED FROM 1976 TO 1986. THE VEHICLE PICTURED BELOW ON THE RIGHT IS A JEEP CJ 7. MANY OF THE JEEP PARTS ARE DIRECT FIT PARTS WITH THE ROXOR. THE BELOW PICTURES OF ROLLING CHASSIS SHOW THIS IN DEPTH.
THE ROXOR IS NOT LEGAL FOR HIGHWAY USE BECAUSE IT IS SOLD FOR OFF-HIGHWAY USE ONLY. THE ROXOR IS NOT EQUIPED FROM THE FACTORY WITH ALL THE NESSASARY COMPONENTS TO MEET HIGHWAY USE SPECIFICATIONS. IT LACKS THE FOLLOWING:
TURN INDICATORS, A DOT APPROVED WINDSHIELD, A WINDSHIELD WIPER, A LIGHTED REAR LICENSE PLATE BRACKET.

AS THE BELOW PICTURES SHOW, THE ROXOR AND THE CJ’S ARE NEAR IDENTICAL VEHICLES. MAHINDRA HAS BEEN BUILDING JEEPS UNDER LICENSE FROM VARIOUS COMPANIES SINCE 1947. IN 2018 MAHINDRA INTRODUCED THE ROXOR WHICH IS BUILT IN AUBURN HILLS, MICHIGAN.

1540347054138.png
1540347075320.png

1540347106627.png
1540347200462.png

AFTER INSTALLING ALL THE PARTS TO MAKE THE ROXOR MEET THE STATE OF TEXAS SPECIFIED ROAD WORTHY STANDARDS FOR STREET / ON-HIGHWAY LEGAL STATUS AND AFTER PASSING THE STATE APPOINTED AND APPROVED ASE MECHANICS INSPECTION, THE ROXOR IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE REGISTERD FOR ON-HIGHWAY USE.
THE ROXOR IS AS SAFE, IF NOT SAFER, THAN ANY OF THE ABOVE PICTURED JEEP CJ’S. ONE EXAMPLE OF THIS IS THAT IF THE SHOULDER MOUNTED SEAT BELTS ARE NOT FASTENED THE ROXOR WILL NOT DRIVE MORE THAN 5 MPH. ADDITIONALLY, IT’S POWERED BY A VERY CLEAN AND EFFICIENT 2.5L DIESEL, HAS A FRAME-MOUNTED TALL ROLL CAGE, SIDE RETENSION BARS AT ENTRY POINTS TO KEEP ARMS AND BODY INSIDE THE CAGE AND SEATS WITH FULLY FUNCTIONAL HEAD RESTS.
THEREFORE, BASED UPON THE EXAMPLES PROVIDED, IT IS APPARENT THE ROXOR SHOULD BE GRANTED AN EXEMPTION IN SEC. 502.140 (a)
LEGAL TITLE AND REGISTRATION SHOULD BE ALLOWED AND THE NEW TITLE HAVE THE “OFF-HIGHWAY USE” ONLY REMOVED FROM REMARKS.

Last edited:

ROXOR

Administrator
Staff member
Little late. But I wish you luck. You have great points to show.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner

Austin is one of the few Liberal places left in the Loan Star State. .......Somthing about area all the way to San Antonio that feel comfortable......that’s where I am going for the winter.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
Well. It was a great experience in Austin last night at the gathering of folks and today at the Capital to say the least. Meeting the creator of the ORIGINAL dune buggy, Mr. Myers, and his wife Winnie was so cool. He is 92 and still going strong!

The group that showed up was not huge but it was damn sure big in spirit. I think around 70-80 people. Many cars and people came from both sides of the country to lend support for a change in the Texas DMV rules. So many great stories of how they all are effected by their love of the cars that brought so many together with their dads, moms, kids and how the projects and builds meant so much as they happen and were used. Very much the same passion as motorcyclists and other mechanical based gadget groups have. A bond with a machine and a connection with it. They all spoke of how all that see the Buggies smile and just enjoy the damn things! LOL.

I was able to talk with the founder of The Assembled Vehicles Coalition of Texas and will be pursuing our cause over the next few weeks with the person that organized this group, Faron Smith. I also spoke with the groups lobbyist Ron Hinkle. I explained my case to Ron and how it parallels the same issues that they have with the DMV. I told him about my intent to hand out my letter I had made up to as many official Texas Reps and Senators that may be there at the rally. Ron asked me to just give him the letter and he will see that everyone that needs to read it will be given a copy. He did not seem to be bullshitting me. He seemed 100% genuine in his interest.

So we will see what develops. Go to their Face Book page and look and listen to the rally. Many pics and videos. https://www.facebook.com/groups/SavetheTexasDuneBuggy/

I am tired, broke and spent way more on this little trip than I expected. I feel it will all have been for the good though. My ECU tune money is now gone! LOL. I'm going to bed now. Dream about the day that we can all give the middle finger to the DMV as we drive around them and their unfounded and illegal actions and policies. CHANGE WILL COME.

Marc.........

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
GL in the good fight down there. Cronys dont die easy.