ooooooooooo

Steering issue clicking sound

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Does anyone else have a clicking sound when they turn the wheels left and right?

Here is a Youtube video on it:
Steering Issue Video

Any ideas? My dealer is over an hour away.
Mine was poping, clunking or pinging or clicking, however you would like to describe it. It was inconsistent in when and where in the steering radius it would appear and it was hard to isolate. If you tried you could find a " sweet spot" and hit it every time you wheeled left or right while parked. It turned out that mine was clunking/clicking when the leaf springs would slide over the bushings that hold them in place. I greased the bushings on the fitting that services them and the sound went away totaly. Maybe you could try that. Good luck

toolsinaction

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Sonnyd, you hit it right on the nose! I greased them and it went away. It's pretty amazing how much binding was happening without the grease. And I feel like that should be done at the factory or when the dealer preps it. I was about to load up and travel 1.5 hours to my dealer. So you saved me 6 hours! You rock! Thank you.

Last edited:

Sonnyd

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sonnyd, you hit it right on the nose! I greased them and it went away. It's pretty amazing how much binding was happening without the grease. And I feel like that should wither be done at the factory or when the dealer preps its. I was about to load up and travel 1.5 hours to my dealer. So you saved me 6 hours! You rock! Thank you.
Glad I could help bro. Enjoy your machine.

RoxorDan

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
THANK YOU... I had the same issue and now it's fixed.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm gonna go check mine just cuz now lol

General

Founding Member
+1 I had a medium popping sound when I turned slightly left, even on smooth pavement, at any speed. The sound never happened with bumps, so I thought it was related to the steering system. I tightened all the bolts around the driveline and steering, but that didn't help. After I greased the chassis zerks the sound vanished immediately and consistently! Thank you all for the excellent advice. If anyone out there has a similar "pop" which you think is coming from steering, try greasing the leaf spring end bolts' zerk fittings.