ooooooooooo

Steering stabilizer

TnRox

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Does anyone know what size Bilstein is a replacement for the roxor steering stabilizer shock

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have not found an aftermarket one that will bolt up and work properly. The ones I’ve found have all been too short. They’ll bolt in but then your steering becomes limited on one side because It doesn’t have enough stroke.

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I found the same Txroadkill mentions above.

In maybe 2020, there was a string of posts about a replacement (Rough Country Big Bore, 73-76 CJ, part 87316).

I installed it, turned the wheels, took it off, and sent it back - didn't even go for a drive. The stroke is (from what I remeber) at least 2" too short, severely limiting the steering radius (In right hand turns).
The way the mounts are on the Roxor, the piston would not go all the way into the damper body (bottom out) on left hand turns. In right hand turns, it would extend all the way before the wheel reached max turn.

I now have driven about 5000 road miles between 2 machines. The stock steering dampers are fine for what I use the machines.

If anyone does come across a steering damper that is a perfect fit, please share.