ooooooooooo

Spartan Locker Problem

robswann

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Hi guys - I am new to the forum, and just purchased a 2018 Roxor that had an Spartan Locker installed right before I bought it. Long story short, I believe it was installed incorrectly by not installing the spacer. Small amounts of Differential fluid is leaking, and can be seen on the outside of the rear passenger wheel. The Roxor is located pretty far away and is a pain to bring it back for someone to fix, especially right before deer season. My question, If I keep filling the differential fluid up each time I use it, will it hurt anything? I have attached a picture of the leak (It had been sitting for 4 weeks). I appreciate any feedback. Thanks

IMG_3736.jpg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Mine had that problem as did many other, mine was indeed a spacer. I had a lot of Strachan noises. I would fix it asap, so it doesn't cause any more problems.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I’d get it fixed and deal with the down time. Your seals leaking cause the bearings have gone bad and took them out due to no preload on the bearings Via the spacer pushing the axle out on it. you don’t want the damage to get worse where the axle tube won’t hold a new race or damage The sealing surface on the axle/hub. Not sure it could get that bad but why chance it.

GiStore

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Thar Owner
I really appreciate the feedback. I will go ahead and start the process. Thanks again
Let me know if you are stuck with any parts(Seals etc) not available there

DEKirk2

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
What are you guys paying to have your SPARTAN locker installed in the rear? When I asked at the Roxor dealer they looked at me crazy like!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
To be honest, I don't even remember. It is a pretty easy job, just read the forum on the locker (there is a very specific way a spacer has to go in to avoid it from scraping. To be honest, I am sure any mechanic shop could easily install it with a breeze.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Truthfully, I would not trust any shop to do anything right. You will be much more satisfied and have piece of mind if you do it yourself. I have not installed a spartan lunch box locker in my Roxor yet, but many years ago, I did install a Lock-Rite lunch box locker in both my front and rear differentials on my old 88 grand wag running Dana 44s and I was very happy with them. You simply have to unload the drive shaft by pulling off the throttle to make turns on hard surfaces, and they ratchet beautifully, and lock up tight under a bit of throttle application. They were bullet proof. I watched CJs with free floated rear axles blow up their rear hubs, while my old 88 grand wag with Dana 44s and Lock-Rites put them to shame on the same trails.

Barnboy

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Truthfully, I would not trust any shop to do anything right. You will be much more satisfied and have piece of mind if you do it yourself. I have not installed a spartan lunch box locker in my Roxor yet, but many years ago, I did install a Lock-Rite lunch box locker in both my front and rear differentials on my old 88 grand wag running Dana 44s and I was very happy with them. You simply have to unload the drive shaft by pulling off the throttle to make turns on hard surfaces, and they ratchet beautifully, and lock up tight under a bit of throttle application. They were bullet proof. I watched CJs with free floated rear axles blow up their rear hubs, while my old 88 grand wag with Dana 44s and Lock-Rites put them to shame on the same trails.
Agreed, most shops are not trustworthy mechanics. There are a few but I like doing my own work.