ooooooooooo

Rear Spartan locker scraping noise

928dennis

I just installed the Spartan in the rear and it works very well with no clicking noise or clunking noise, very smooth. But after a few miles it has this scraping noise coming from the rear like a brake shoe is hanging up. I have not had the time to look at it but has this happen to others with the spartan? followed the install to a T, measured the distance between the hubs and that was in spec, torqued everything to the book. So I am stumped, any suggestions?

B

Bister

Did you put the spacer back in?

I'll find the post that just came up referring to this. It has be in the rear diff.

928dennis

This is the only tread I have posted, but thanks, Where is this spacer at, I thought I pulled all the parts out of the stock carrier to install the spartan. Did not see that part.

B

Bister

This is the only tread I have posted, but thanks, Where is this spacer at, I thought I pulled all the parts out of the stock carrier to install the spartan. Did not see that part.

Click the link in the post above.

It shows you clicked on it somewhere, there is a 'reply' post by you but no comment.

Roxasuras replied to you.

928dennis

Sorry, I did click on that post and ask the same question I ask here. there was not a answer to that I seem. But going bask to this spacer where is it in the carrier? I jus did not see anything like that.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I also posted it in the other thread

Screenshot_20190919-201754_Gallery.jpg

928dennis

I will look at the carrier housing in the morning, I kept everything. I wonder why there is no mention of this in the install manual?

B

Bister

I will look at the carrier housing in the morning, I kept everything. I wonder why there is no mention of this in the install manual?
It's mentioned with a picture, a very very poor picture, in step number 23. There could definitely be a bit more detail to emphasize on this. Your no the first person this has happened to. Some shops have even missed it.

Screen Shot 2019-09-20 at 6.48.28 AM.png

B

Bister

No problem. It's too bad that Roxor doesn't make it more clear that this has to go back in. You are not the first and I am sure you won't be the last. this will continue to happen until the install directions are made more clear.