ooooooooooo

Roxor vs. Its Ancestor, CJ-2A

Day Radebaugh

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I assume many of you have already read this:

Here's How The Mahindra Roxor Compares To A 1948 Willys CJ-2A Jeep Off-Road – LiftKits4Less Blog.

I found it informative and useful. I've made my choice

20200506_125810.jpeg

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Interesting comparison. As for space making such a difference, it might''ve been worth mentioning in the article that the average WW2 era Army troop was 5ft 8in tall and weighed 144 lbs, about like today's sugar-fortified, junior high schooler. As for present day outings, most prefer additional space for creature comforts, beyond an M-1 Carbine, pack of Camels, gas can and a shovel, to authenticity. Were it not for FCA, flat fenders would have been a popular look to retain, but apparently tilt angle/balance point is less critical for most Roxor users, except those who spend weekends teetering on boulders, seeking to accelerate in the vertical or driving under certain combat conditions. Then there are Roxor's relatively modern safety (?) features (compared to Willys) which are a pita, until they're not. Of all the real aftermarket improvements to Roxor performance, many led by some talented folks on this forum, we keepl looking forward to the write-up where Mahindra's turbo diesel is swapped out for the simple Go-Devil. Nostalgia has its limits. There's little denying that throughout all the good things Roxor, the modern instrument cluster remains a universal cluster and everyone knows parts availability had better improve. Still, if offered at the same price, were the choice between a restored CJ 2 and and a new Roxor, I know which I'd choose, but appreciate to each his/her own.

Day Radebaugh

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I certainly appreciate the additional space for the driver and passenger. I'm 6'2", and wouldn't mind even a bit more leg room. As my picture indicates, I've put the space in the Roxor to very good use. Sort of like a farm Humvee.

Michigan Mike

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Before I bought my Roxor I drove a CJ5 with the intention of buying it. I am just under six foot tall and even with the seat all the way back I felt cramped. My Roxor is street legal and is my daily driver (I am retired and don't drive every day] . I don't think I could drive a CJ on a regular basis. The upshot is that the extra length means a lot to me.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The article says he has oversize tires and rims on the Willys ...so it IS modified from its org form . Not really a fair comparsion . It says that the tires made no difference ,but in the final comments he says the tires made the diff. aruggggg.