ooooooooooo

Kubota CJ Conversion

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Today, I watched this video about installing a Kubota diesel engine in a CJ - a Kubota conversion. What a fun idea for an old Jeep.

That's a lot of work and money to get what a Roxor offers from factory - and it's brand new.
Cool factor of a CJ2a conversion and bragging rights (if you do the work yourself) are through the roof though.

The poster explained that one can buy a used Kubota diesel engine for $700 to $3500. He said he paid $2000 for an engine with around 3800 hours.
The engine fits the CJ2a without having to cut the fire wall. He just installed an e-fan and modified engine mounts.
The conversion kit to match the Kubota engine with the CJ transmission cost about $3000.

Of course, you still need to get a solid CJ worth installing the +$5000 engine and kit. Getting a CJ - body, axles, transmission, transfer case, etc. - to the brand new level of a Roxor is pretty much economically impossible.

The video described that with 32 inch wheels, the CJ2a would run about 53 mph with the engine running at just over 2900 rpm.

I find this Kubota conversion sounds like fun if time and money are not the issue, but then I prefer the machines in my garage.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
There’s a Roxor frame and drivetrain for sale in AZ for 9000. Get a clapped out CJ with a decent body and title and marry the two and you have essentially the same thing. Although this route would be cheaper than a new Roxor or a CJ conversion.

jgk

Founding Member
Roadkill,

Do you have the link or contact for the frame and drivetrain listing?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It’s on Facebook marketplace in Phoenix.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I messaged you his contact info