ooooooooooo

Roxor’s For sale in Texas

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Some more thought , why not buy a vintage Jeep ( you will need a lot of parts anyway ........use the title from the old Jeep and start swapping parts until you have a vehicle that’s looks older than 25 years. I mean a lot of parts we use are only vintage looking and were made in some third world country. The big issue is your DMV manager...mine even wanted to go for a ride once she saw pictures. ......I may go that far next year, for now Montana plates will do. The thing to stay from is anything that’s has the word “ off road in the description.

redbarn

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I didn’t mean to sound like a d***, I have posted on here several times about the steps to get it done as well as answering many pm’s about what to do. As far as I know, none of them have been able to complete it. In short the simplest answer I can give is to buy one that is already done if you are looking to buy one and want it street legal. This thread started with me putting up for sale both of my roxors and it quickly turned into something else. I have spent countless hours researching what was needed to make all of this happen prior to ever taking delivery and countless hours since trying to do my own R&D. I didn’t price mine at some astronomical mark up because it had plates, that is pure cost of what I have spent not including any labor or the pile of parts I bought that didn’t work out. Sorry for the rant but I felt that was something I needed to get off my chest.
I didn't take it wrong. I had failed to review all the previous postings having just joined this forum.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Gray one has plates and is ready to go.

Reactions: Tim

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sure thing, but it will be this evening. Basically looks identical to the white one but in matte gray.

Tim

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Man, I’m sorry I completely forgot about getting some pictures of the gray one. I’ll get them ASAP.
No problem... Thought I could mabey buy your roxor. I want a streetable one. Capitol one has been hounding me with emails about being pre approved so I go in and look at it and its only if I buy from a dealer. And a whole bunch of other disquaulifiers ...atv`s utv`s. So if I go through a dealer they can get me qualified and then I end up in the same boat with the member from dallas fighting with dmv. probley can`t get it titled. I don`t have the money to pay cash.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
No problem... Thought I could mabey buy your roxor. I want a streetable one. Capitol one has been hounding me with emails about being pre approved so I go in and look at it and its only if I buy from a dealer. And a whole bunch of other disquaulifiers ...atv`s utv`s. So if I go through a dealer they can get me qualified and then I end up in the same boat with the member from dallas fighting with dmv. probley can`t get it titled. I don`t have the money to pay cash.
They can’t do it as an used auto loan if it is titled that way?

Tim

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Bdrag.
They can’t do it as an used auto loan if it is titled that way?
Not sure. Thought I could do it on line. Did the person who bought the white one finance it? And if they did do you know through what bank? Thinking like you said about dmv give as little info as possible. Was surprised it was stipulated it had to be a dealer. What difference would that make? Just seems like dmv, banks, and insurance companies are on a power trip.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The buyer of the other one didn’t finance it. I would think it would qualify as a used auto now.

Tim

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
The buyer of the other one didn’t finance it. I would think it would qualify as a used auto now.
All the finance sites first question is make. It's not fill in the blank but off their pop up list. Mahindra is not on the list. Pretty sure if I go to the bank that will be the first question. When it's not on the list answer will be no. Even though it's titled as a car they will look it up and say it's a utv. But good news I can go buy one at dealer and they will finance it...just no tag. Brand new jeep just can't drive it. Sold my Lj 2005 two years ago don't want plastic fantastic. I think the new stuff is crap.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sorry for the delay, it’s been busy at work but here are a few pictures of the matte grey one. I still have to mount the light bar on the fortress roof and put the license plates on.

66B8DF1C-89C4-46DC-9802-155F26996874.jpeg 64F50DB1-05D6-40EB-ADEE-7017E5541CBC.jpeg

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
All the finance sites first question is make. It's not fill in the blank but off their pop up list. Mahindra is not on the list. Pretty sure if I go to the bank that will be the first question. When it's not on the list answer will be no. Even though it's titled as a car they will look it up and say it's a utv. But good news I can go buy one at dealer and they will finance it...just no tag. Brand new jeep just can't drive it. Sold my Lj 2005 two years ago don't want plastic fantastic. I think the new stuff is crap.
I think the insurance cos / DMVs , and banks all work off the same sheet , or so I have been told by my local DMV lady. I Here in Michigan you pay original sticker price based on whatever you want plates for ( very unfair ) my RV plates run 3500.00 a year for a 18 year old motorhome ! , and the price is going up again soon.....I have not pushed the issue with the DMV lady , ( she wants a ride , anything for getting the numbers lower ). regarding values yet maybe next year...........

( I do know Progressive has it on the list, all they wanted was the 155.00 for insurance )

Reece Blincoe

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Darstar is going down the road i was going to go down... What if you bought a Roxor and an ol junk CJ5 and (just bare with me) put the old body on a new undercarriage? and used the CJ5 title and vin number for the registration?

I hear y'all about the insurance and being at fault if you caused an accident, but what if i was just putting around a little rural town, never getting over 30 mph? I just want a putter that's legal.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mine are tagged,registered and insured completely legitimately and it was much simpler than swapping an old cj body on the roxor frame! Buy the last one from me that is ready to go so I can justify to the wife buying a few more of them.

General

Founding Member
Theseus's paradox
Ship of Theseus - Wikipedia

All old ships, planes, and cars have had parts replaced. As far as I know, the federal government doesn't say how much of a vehicle must be original to retain its identity/VIN. Could you use a few parts from a Roxor to restore a CJ? Undoubtedly. But how many, and which ones? Although Uncle Sam doesn't say, most states have laws about this. You're supposed to tell the DMV when you replace a "major component," like the engine, body, or frame. But this is rarely enforced. Nobody will ask if you're driving responsibly and everything looks safe and in order. A CJ would certainly be easier and cheaper to register and ensure. Could a CJ legally be 5% new/aftermarket? What about 5% Roxor? 50%? 95%? Just don't tamper with the VIN plate, that is illegal.

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I guess I’ll give this a shot to see if there is any interest. Both of my roxors are for sale. White LE has 200 miles and is licensed and registered in Texas, matte gray SE has 40 miles and is licensed and registered in Texas. I can give a list of everything that has been done to both but most of it has been posted on here already. I have clear titles to both in my name. Both have fortress tops, windshields, and wiper kit, warn hubs, vivid stage 1 tune, complete egr delete, turn signals, rear seat with seatbelts, and fender flares. I’m sure I’m missing some stuff. Garage kept since day one. I guess a price would help, white one is sold $24,000 for the matte gray one.

View attachment 1321

JimmyB I remember you installed an Auburn LS in your past White unit, how did you like it’s performance? I’m thinking it’s probably the best combo of cost and performance compared to a lunch box or manual in/out like Ox, and with the limited load from the Roxor, service life should be excellent, what are your thoughts after testing?

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have had the auburn limited slip put in three of them so far. All 3 work flawlessly but they are not a drop in replacement and require some other parts. First are 2 sets of bearings and races because the overall diameter of both ends of the carrier are larger. This isn’t a big deal because they are a common part number that you can get at about any auto parts store. The second is a little more difficult because Mahindra uses a slightly thinner ring gear with a thicker flange on the carrier so a spacer needs to be made to get a correct wear pattern on the ring and pinion. I searched high and low to find someone that sold such spacer with no luck so another trip to the local waterjet company got the job done. They took the measurements needed and cut spacers out of 14 gauge stainless plate. It takes 2 of these stacked together to get the correct spacing. From what I have read, if you were to switch to an aftermarket ring and pinion it would be a direct replacement but if I were going to do that I would change to a lower ratio. All of that being said it was well worth it. Only negative would be tight turns on pavement but the positives far outweigh that. It’s still super quite, no gear noise that is usually associated with a locker and its a once and done thing, not something that requires a cable to operate or air. Works awesome when you need it but doesn’t sacrifice daily driving other than the tight low speed turns. Here is what the spacers look like.

23D7F162-F7F5-481C-9C4A-7D942A3462C4.jpeg2EF5A4C5-5566-4374-A27F-9B7858B15823.jpeg209B997D-B5AE-43B7-9FA1-F8E3B069C7A8.jpeg

WoodLot

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have had the auburn limited slip put in three of them so far. All 3 work flawlessly but they are not a drop in replacement and require some other parts. First are 2 sets of bearings and races because the overall diameter of both ends of the carrier are larger. This isn’t a big deal because they are a common part number that you can get at about any auto parts store. The second is a little more difficult because Mahindra uses a slightly thinner ring gear with a thicker flange on the carrier so a spacer needs to be made to get a correct wear pattern on the ring and pinion. I searched high and low to find someone that sold such spacer with no luck so another trip to the local waterjet company got the job done. They took the measurements needed and cut spacers out of 14 gauge stainless plate. It takes 2 of these stacked together to get the correct spacing. From what I have read, if you were to switch to an aftermarket ring and pinion it would be a direct replacement but if I were going to do that I would change to a lower ratio. All of that being said it was well worth it. Only negative would be tight turns on pavement but the positives far outweigh that. It’s still super quite, no gear noise that is usually associated with a locker and its a once and done thing, not something that requires a cable to operate or air. Works awesome when you need it but doesn’t sacrifice daily driving other than the tight low speed turns. Here is what the spacers look like.

View attachment 1768View attachment 1769View attachment 1770

Thank you, that’s what I wanted to hear.