ooooooooooo

Roxor’s For sale in Texas

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I guess I’ll give this a shot to see if there is any interest. Both of my roxors are for sale. White LE has 200 miles and is licensed and registered in Texas, matte gray SE has 40 miles and is licensed and registered in Texas. I can give a list of everything that has been done to both but most of it has been posted on here already. I have clear titles to both in my name. Both have fortress tops, windshields, and wiper kit, warn hubs, vivid stage 1 tune, complete egr delete, turn signals, rear seat with seatbelts, and fender flares. I’m sure I’m missing some stuff. Garage kept since day one. I guess a price would help, white one is sold $24,500 for the matte gray one.

DC2E9F32-752B-47D4-8196-A580247E426D.jpeg

Last edited:

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I feel like I finally have them done and am ready for another project. It was my intentions when I bought them to figure out if you could get one street legal and sell one that way. I will either keep whichever one doesn’t sell first or buy another if they both get sold. Buying one done isn’t for the person that enjoys working on them but I think there are people who would just rather have one done and ready to go with everything I’ve done. Especially for the people who would want to finance one. You wouldn’t be able to get it street legal until you payed it off unless your bank gave you the title to go get it registered ( highly unlikely).

Last edited:

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
I feel like I finally have them done and am ready for another project. It was my intentions when I bought them to figure out if you could get one street legal and sell one that way. I will either keep whichever one doesn’t sell first or buy another if they both get sold. Buying one done isn’t for the person that enjoys working on them but I think there are people who would just rather have one done and ready to go with everything I’ve done. Especially for the people who would want to finance one. You wouldn’t be able to get it street legal until you payed it off unless your bank gave you the title to go get it registered ( highly unlikely).

So did you ever get the title back from the state for the street legal one and does it no longer say for off road use only??

BDRAG

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So did you ever get the title back from the state for the street legal one and does it no longer say for off road use only??

BDRAG
I have clear titles to both, and yes I have the title for the white one registered as it sits without off-road use only.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
I have clear titles to both, and yes I have the title for the white one registered as it sits without off-road use only.

That's great! Wanna swap? LOL !

BDRAG

Last edited:

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here are some pictures of the white one.

B33325E8-C051-4652-A836-CDB4BF68A607.jpeg A73502F7-9BC4-4167-8A3B-3E4E4F61C748.jpeg 15B58B85-9128-4517-BC8D-EB53602883B4.jpeg F86C8DDB-C60D-4D22-87D9-A10E8214B97E.jpeg 3FBE9F9A-0C8B-4E77-8387-C50E6ADEABD1.jpeg 0948695D-420B-4040-B92E-161615AB40CC.jpeg

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mine is regestered in Montana , title says street legal. I will be headed for Texas Hill country for the winter Rox onboard. or earlier depending on weather.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Where at in the hill country? Texas is pretty small for being as big as it is!

redbarn

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I guess I’ll give this a shot to see if there is any interest. Both of my roxors are for sale. White LE has 200 miles and is licensed and registered in Texas, matte gray SE has 40 miles and has had everything completed to be registered. I can give a list of everything that has been done to both but most of it has been posted on here already. I have clear titles to both in my name. Both have fortress tops, windshields, and wiper kit, warn hubs, vivid stage 1 tune, complete egr delete, and turn signals. In addition the white has a rear seat with seatbelts, fender flares and a auburn limited slip rear differential. I’m sure I’m missing some stuff. Garage kept since day one. I guess a price would help, $24,500 for the white one and $23,500 for the matte gray one.

View attachment 1321
How did you handle the Texas registration? In La Grange and getting ready to buy and want to pursue street legal registration.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How did you handle the Texas registration? In La Grange and getting ready to buy and want to pursue street legal registration.
The easiest way would be to buy one of mine already done!

JonBoyK

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Mine is sitting in Northrup, bout 20 min to your north. No plans to register yet.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
My second attempt at tags failed. F the system. If your in my state, do not plan on driving it on the street period. I don't know how those who have in state tags did it but I can't and I'm pissed. Buy someone's already done if your here.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The issue of misrepresentation always comes into play sooner or later. Not to say Texas is a special problem,I an not aware. Always remember should you have an accident, especially where serious injury is involved your insurance carrier can refuse to cover the vehicle if it was improperly regestered. This could cost you millions and with no carrier to fall back on you could be up the creek.! Every state can be different but they almost all work off the same sheets provided by the insurance carrier.

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Somehow that's what I thought you would say. Thanks anyway.
I didn’t mean to sound like a d***, I have posted on here several times about the steps to get it done as well as answering many pm’s about what to do. As far as I know, none of them have been able to complete it. In short the simplest answer I can give is to buy one that is already done if you are looking to buy one and want it street legal. This thread started with me putting up for sale both of my roxors and it quickly turned into something else. I have spent countless hours researching what was needed to make all of this happen prior to ever taking delivery and countless hours since trying to do my own R&D. I didn’t price mine at some astronomical mark up because it had plates, that is pure cost of what I have spent not including any labor or the pile of parts I bought that didn’t work out. Sorry for the rant but I felt that was something I needed to get off my chest.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
It would seem to me ( I have been the old car hobby all my life ) that the easiest was to plate these vehicles would be to approach from that direction.. kit cars all have to be inspected , with old vehicles it’s very easy to get a perminate historical plate. However 25 years old is cut off, and there are restrictions on usage. That part is mostly an insurance thing no one cares about thinking you will not use it everyday anyway. ........I wonder how many parts from a CJ 7 it would take to qualify ......remember these Roxors only come with an MSO........I mean if half of my car were 25 years old could you apply for historical plates ? Hot rods do it everyday.