ooooooooooo

Rocker Blanks

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I wanna punch whoever put these in here in the face. I swear I have no finger prints left on my left hand..

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Is there some kinda trick to getting these out? I swear I’m gonna resort to a slide hammer here in a sec.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
There has to be some kinda sleeve type tool for these things to depress all four tabs at once. Either that or they expect you to have 4 arms.

I got it out but now my dash is scratched to hell..

Renegade6

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Try putting a zip tie around it to depress the tabs and push out. Same concept as a hose clamp on a parking brake cable.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes, whom ever decided on those blank covers should be kicked in the balls. The two I had to removed basically gets destroyed and tool marks around the hole. Once they go in they don't want to come out. They had to use a rubber mallet to get those in. I tried the delicate patient approach. Still ended up with using the vise grips in the end. The plus side, the dash steel is solid and pretty thick gauge steel, isn't going to bend in the process.

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
They are brutal for sure. I cut the bottom tabs (on ones I could) then only had the top two to depress, to get them out. Thanks to these little bugger blanks, I am now proficient in two languages; English & Profanity! lol

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got fed up with trying to remove the blanks by reaching underneath. I removed the dash then used a channellocks to depress the tabs to remove them. While I was in the process I removed extra blanks for future switches. I moved the headlight switch and found the real switches much easier to move than blanks.

RoxorSE

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE #052
I would like to sit down and have a chat with the person responsible for making the decision to use those blanks in the dash. I’m just wondering how it happened and what the person was thinking, or was the person thinking. I hope Mahindra is using something different in the 2019 Roxors. It’s so bad I think Mahindra should issue a recall and have the dealers “R&R” the blanks.

Last edited:

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I got fed up with trying to remove the blanks by reaching underneath. I removed the dash then used a channellocks to depress the tabs to remove them. While I was in the process I removed extra blanks for future switches. I moved the headlight switch and found the real switches much easier to move than blanks.

These style of four tab switches are common in electronic equipment, and are just as much a pain to remove in that application. It helps if you can get direct access to the tabs, or cut some of them off first. I've noticed that already installed switches sometimes come out and go back in easier because the plastic has been stressed once or twice.

B

Bister

I haven't had too much trouble after trying a few methods, I put masking tape around them to keep from marking the dash, reach under and get usually the top side out, then use a small thin pry bar/scraper and work my way around while still reaching under and pushing on the tabs. Still tricky, but not as bad as just trying with your fingers. Maybe I'll make a 60 second video, I haven't done one in a bit cause I had nothing to video. I'll see what I can do. I wreck one out of the 4 I removed I think.

I use this pry bar/scraper.

images.jpeg

Vinny

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes, whom ever decided on those blank covers should be kicked in the balls. The two I had to removed basically gets destroyed and tool marks around the hole. Once they go in they don't want to come out. They had to use a rubber mallet to get those in. I tried the delicate patient approach. Still ended up with using the vise grips in the end. The plus side, the dash steel is solid and pretty thick gauge steel, isn't going to bend in the process.
I know it's an old post, but I just had to complain. Used Bister's method on one and it worked. The next one had some kind of tabs on the top and bottom. Hadn't seen that before. Two busted knuckles, a new upgraded profanity vocabulary, channel locks, pry bars, and finally the dremel. If there is going to be some ball kickin, please let me go first!!!!?