ooooooooooo

Rock Road Windshield?

Tokarev

Priced quite a bit lower than everything else especially without the glass.

https://rockroadco.com/

Who's got one? Any dislikes with it?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Tokarev

According to their bookface page they're working on a folding version.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Prices seem to be good- don't know about their quality yet as they are new.
They look like the OTR windshields to me.

Tokarev

Similar style and design to the OTR. Differences appear to be 1/8" steel construction vs aluminium. Also the RR has tabs that accept driver and passenger mirrors.

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
It appears that the RR windshield will be a stout, high quality product for reasonable prices and it looks to have a slightly lower profile than the OTR, closer to the CJ 7. Offering OEM colors is also a welcome touch.

Tokarev

It appears that the RR windshield will be a stout, high quality product for reasonable prices and it looks to have a slightly lower profile than the OTR, closer to the CJ 7. Offering OEM colors is also a welcome touch.
I was very close to ordering one but then decided to wait and see how the folding windshield turns out. Not that I really need a folder but it would be nice to have that option.

DRT44

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m picking up one in a couple of weeks to install. I will take pictures then. I wish I had time to do it now.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I am interested in a folding one also, but details and good photos on it don't seem to be available. Need to understand how its built, what hardware comes with it, for example, for holding the windshield down while folded down underway.

Tokarev

I’m picking up one in a couple of weeks to install. I will take pictures then. I wish I had time to do it now.
Any updates?

Breevers

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
MNROXOR I believe is the owner of Rock Road. I will reach out to him and see if he can provide more information.

BillB

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We installed a Rock Road windshield (fixed, not folding) a couple of weeks ago on our 2018 that was purchased new in Dec 2019. I bought an unpainted steel frame from Rock Road with windshield gasket as an extra. Managed to buy proper paint color code but had to wait until temp warmed up here to apply the paint. Color isn't a perfect match, but its done. Had to hand carry the frame off-island to a nearby glass shop for the DOT glass cutting and installation. Glass shop was very careful in these COVID-19 times, but they did the job. Brought it back a couple of days later and installed it. Wow, what a difference that windshield makes when the weather is chilly. Very happy. It is very stable on our rough roads, but we rarely exceed 50 km/hr. Pics attached.
IMG_20200510_1718034.jpg
IMG_20200510_1718525.jpg

IMG_20200510_1718034.jpg IMG_20200510_1718525.jpg

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I am looking at one of these also and was wondering what holds the glass in place. Most windshields have a lip that the windshield is glued to with urethane. This is just a cut steel plate.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I am looking at one of these also and was wondering what holds the glass in place. Most windshields have a lip that the windshield is glued to with urethane. This is just a cut steel plate.
it is a generic rubber seal. my glass shop used one for a ford bronco

Ragnar RoxHard

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
the amount of flex in my Mahindra windshield with I assume plexiglass (thot it was supposed to be glass) is crazy at 55 plus with a bit of headwind.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
the amount of flex in my Mahindra windshield with I assume plexiglass (thot it was supposed to be glass) is crazy at 55 plus with a bit of headwind.

Once my Fortress windshield SLAMS SHUT AT 40 MPH when I forget to close it, its completely stable as fast as 70 which is as fast as I have been in mine. It came with DOT glass..

BDRAG

WShaulis

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Highly recommend Rock Road, Great to work with, spectacular customer service! Also got him to do up a custom request grill (M151 MUTT style) that looks awesome. I just need time to get the grill installed. The folding windshield is strong and got the DOT glass installed locally. Big change when it is a bit cool out. Looking for a hold down solution now, similar to the older FJ 40 style hood mounts

Tokarev

Pics of the grill when you get a minute. And another when installed. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk