ooooooooooo

Rock Road windshield glass install

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I got word today that my folding windshield from Rock Road has shipped and looking for someone in the Phoenix area that may had already gotten glass cut for it? Seems like the shops I have called only install OEM glass and don’t custom cut. Any help out there? Thanks in advance guys!

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I had the same issue in Atlant and one of the auto OEM glass shops suggested I find a glass shop that does hot rods. Bingo. No worries so try that. Hey my Rock Road windshield shipped with a glass gasket, but when the glass guy looked at it he said it was not the right kind and used a different one.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
in sierra vista. i used a place that does both home and auto glass. had no problems. did not receive a gasket for the window. so they used one from like a 90s ford bronco.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
All good info that should help, thanks for the tips. Should be delivered early next week at the latest and looking forward to the install project along with the new six slot grill also froM Rock Road. Tom was a really good guy to work with, shame he is not selling Roxor accessories anymore.

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
All good info that should help, thanks for the tips. Should be delivered early next week at the latest and looking forward to the install project along with the new six slot grill also froM Rock Road. Tom was a really good guy to work with, shame he is not selling Roxor accessories anymore.

Did you buy it finished or unfinished? I bought mine unfinished and enjoyed the careful work needed to prime and paint it keeping it very clean between coats.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I had Rock Road include the painting to match the Matte Sand. I searched for some time looking for a source for rattle can paint and couldn’t find it anywhere. I’m not setup to be a paint booth but thought I could do a decent job with cans, but had to go this route. Somewhat happy as RR’s painter did a fantastic job matching it. Hoping to get glass cut this weekend. I took your advice and searched for a ‘hot rod’ shop and bingo, came right up.

WShaulis

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just had the local guy (obviously not in Phoenix) cut and install it. Like $130, Yes Rock Road and Tom are so great to work with, I agree! maybe if we all beg him, he will start making parts again? Or perhaps he is waiting to make stuff for the new body style and just taking a break

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
We bought both a fixed and folding windshield from RR about a year ago. Local glass shop installed DOT safety glass (without spec etching) for around $110. These are nicely designed, stout windshields and the look compliments the Roxor. There's no rattle and, prroperly sealed, no significant wind noise -- at least at speeds below 35, since we hardly get above that on the farm. On the folder, if used with a soft top, the all-thread screw on the roll bar clamp could stand to be about 3/8" longer, but will work if adjusted all the way out. Otherwise, just get a longer threaded machine screw from the hardware store and cut off the head. Still need to install proper hold downs and bumpers on the folder. In our case, the folding feature was originally thought to be a nice to have, extra cost option. Fact is, the way it's working out is that 95 percent of the time the folder stays fixed -- just individual experience perhaps, but maybe a place to save some money on a tight budget. Both RR windshields are a top quality products, honesty presented. Tom could not be any more helpful and responsive. Besides, buying something expensive from a nice person always makes one feel better about the outlay. Very happy.