ooooooooooo

Spartan Lockers

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a Roxor with Spartan Lockers (Dealer Installed). I took it in for service, because the back was making a scraping noise when the wheel would spin and every once in a while it would also make a clunking noise. The dealership first told me it was installed wrong and they would have to replace the entire rear, now they are telling me that that is normal. Has anyone else had these issues? Does anyone know a contact number for Spartan lockers made by USA Standard gear? I bought this back in January and it has been at the dealership for over a month now. Only has 37 miles on it. Not really sure whats going on. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Chris

B

Bister

Mine clunks at times at low speeds around the yard, turning etc., I'm not worried about that. Did you see the video I did of my locker? They do make noise, but I don't think it should be scraping.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yes when it turns it should but this is doing it randomly and even going straight and it should not be doing that.

B

Bister

Pretty hard to screw up the install if you put all the pieces in right and torque to spec, I could do it if I had the tools and I'm no mechanic. People say to get an auto shop do do them, but I see no reason an ATV guy that can follow instructions and has mechanic papers shouldn't be able to do it. They have more experience than I do, and like I said, if I had the tools and a hoist (and patience), I could do it I'm sure.

The video was in another thread, but here it is again. No one has told me this is wrong yet, and the internet will let you know that right away, so I think this is a way to test them.

B

Bister

It has over 1300 views between Facebook and Youtube, so if it is wrong to test them like this, I'm sure someone would have said so. lol

928dennis

I have a Roxor with Spartan Lockers (Dealer Installed). I took it in for service, because the back was making a scraping noise when the wheel would spin and every once in a while it would also make a clunking noise. The dealership first told me it was installed wrong and they would have to replace the entire rear, now they are telling me that that is normal. Has anyone else had these issues? Does anyone know a contact number for Spartan lockers made by USA Standard gear? I bought this back in January and it has been at the dealership for over a month now. Only has 37 miles on it. Not really sure whats going on. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Chris[/Q
Chris
So what was the problem? I have the same issue, Just installed the spartan. Seems to work fine but has a scraping noise.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
99% of the time they forget to put the org. spacer back in. Did they give you a box with the org. parts? It is a cylinder shaped spacer with a whole in it. I will try to port a pic of it. I posted it in the past.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Here is your culprit my friend. They need to put this spacer back in.

Screenshot_20190919-201754_Gallery.jpg

B

Bister

Here is your culprit my friend. They need to put this spacer back in.

View attachment 4749
That has happened to a few folks. Some more details in the install instructions might help. I had mine front and rear done at 2 different shops, both put it back in. It came up online that it is not required in the front (unconfirmed) due to how the axles are held in, but I don't mind it being in there.