ooooooooooo

PTO converted overdrive

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Has anyone in the non farm application installed a Warn overdrive, with Warn overdrive we can potentially get a 12 speed. Just an idea to throw around

B

Bister

can't if it goes in the same hole as the PTO would, the transfer case has a support bearing where that would go.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That round ring cover comes off and you can put in pto, an extra drive shaft to drive implements or that is where you install an overdrive. I had a warn overdrive, really save fuel for highway driving. You have a shifter to shift in or out of overdrive or pto. Read that warn overdrive topics: after you have overdrive you will never want to go without it. There is another brand called a Saturn. You need to have the splines the same on the shaft. Might be the same as the old Willy's.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
that solid gear comes out and the inside and outside planetary goes in its place. It has a oil collecting trough that collects oil from the transfer case to oil the overdrive. A PTO has a cover and bearing too.

B

Bister

Nope, not on the Roxor transfer case. RE: comment above about the support bearing.

Last edited by a moderator:

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Its actually built the same way as the old willys. If I can find a used overdrive maybe I'll post on here. With the results but its not a priority at this time. Just seeing if anyone else dug into its potential.. The inner workings are identical to my old Willie's.

B

Bister

Its actually built the same way as the old willys. If I can find a used overdrive maybe I'll post on here. With the results but its not a priority at this time. Just seeing if anyone else dug into its potential.. The inner workings are identical to my old Willie's.
Roxor did the upgrade with the support bearing in that cover that the old Willy's doesn't have, so unless I am wrong, it is not the same. I know the PTO can't be done for sure. Numerous guys have looked into it. Some guys were even working on machine the parts needed and nothing has shown up yet.

Let us know how it goes.

Parts Catalog|ROXOR Offroad

Part number 5:

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 7.37.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-11-16 at 7.37.03 PM.png

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Any success or ideas?