ooooooooooo

Rear PTO ??

Riverjet502

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Can anyone confirm a rumor that Mahindra is considering a rear PTO option on the Roxor? I"d have a lot of uses for that!! I remember when Jeep use to build utility vehicles that could actually do some work. (The Farm Jeep)

Togo

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Can anyone confirm a rumor that Mahindra is considering a rear PTO option on the Roxor? I"d have a lot of uses for that!! I remember when Jeep use to build utility vehicles that could actually do some work. (The Farm Jeep)
I saw something can’t remember where that they were next year.
I saw this old YouTube video that opens a lot of possibilities.

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I watched the video, and despite the title, I would think this was from the 50's, with the curved fender Jeeps and the shot of the Hurricane engine. Anyway, it looks like putting on a rear PTO or 3 pt hitch (another interesting feature) means losing some of the rear space and tailgate. I will be interested to see what Mahindra comes up with.

Riverjet502

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I was mainly interested in the PTO feature, I can come up with a lot of handy dandy use's for that.. But a 3 pt hitch option would be a huge bonus too but I doubt they would even think about that?? They would want you to buy one of their tractors instead?

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I would imagine that a 3 pt hitch option would be aftermarket. Quite a few other UTV's have aftermarket 3 pt hitches available for them. Farmboy makes some of them for the likes of the JD Gator.

nglauer

Founding Member
I've been patiently waiting as well. I love the idea of being able to drag a PTO driven brush cutter or finish mower on fields.

nglauer

Founding Member
Any more PTO Rumors from Roxor? Had anyone seen one set up at shows, etc?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Any more PTO Rumors from Roxor? Had anyone seen one set up at shows, etc?

About 6 months ago, I emailed Mahindra in Michigan, asking what their plans were. They said while it was on their radar, it was not a high priority for them. Maybe if a bunch of us started emailing, they might push it up to the front burner. I would like to have one to run a PTO generator.

Doug

Reactions: drg

nglauer

Founding Member
About 6 months ago, I emailed Mahindra in Michigan, asking what their plans were. They said while it was on their radar, it was not a high priority for them. Maybe if a bunch of us started emailing, they might push it up to the front burner. I would like to have one to run a PTO generator.

Doug
That would be nice. I never thought about a generator, but that would be nice as an emergency back up, or for use while out in the field.

Nick

tecknomage

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
email twice a day, all of us, & wake them up. Had one on an old org Scout. worked great. miss that little critter..

nglauer

Founding Member
Anyone hear any other rumors? I finally had to give up and purchase a sub compact tractor. Roxor has at least messaged me back with "stay tuned" or "watch in the future"... But these kind of responses... they make me think it's not happening. I keep prying but can't get anyone to state they've tested one or even prototyped one.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

B

Bister

Anyone hear any other rumors? I finally had to give up and purchase a sub compact tractor. Roxor has at least messaged me back with "stay tuned" or "watch in the future"... But these kind of responses... they make me think it's not happening. I keep prying but can't get anyone to state they've tested one or even prototyped one.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
You'll be much happier with a live PTO on a tractor than a transmission PTO like the Roxor would have. PTO's like the Roxor would have work good for stationary work; like to power a water or hydraulic pump or a generator, where you can pick your transmission gear and idle together the correct RPM.

Skymarc

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Im for it but I doubt it From MANA, I dont see a big market for a PTO.
Polaris had one on an ATV for a few years but I dont think it was a big seller so its gone now.

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was thinking a pto upgrade would also require a throttle control to set the rpm without having to keep your foot on the pedal while your generator/pump runs. Because the diesel tank is in between the pto cover of the transfer case and the rear, I guess any pto for the Roxor would be hydraulic, with a pump on the transfer case and a motor at the pto. And it may end up being like the full enclosure with A/C from Mahindra, very expensive, especially if they don't anticipate much market for it.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
onicstly i would like them to do hydro boost for the breaks

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Putting a 3pt on a roxor would be the end of it. There is not enough steel in it to support a 3pt system. As far as pulling a mower, they make pull behind mowers that have their own engine. I am a fan of having woodslitters, generators and such having their own power source. Wearing out a 60 hp engine to run a 10hp tool doesn't make sense.

DGP

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I could always use a PTO add on kit (if ever available). One reason I bought the Roxor is I've owned a Mahindra 4025 since 2009. She has been great. I might have a problem tomorrow pulling a few logs (?) but the would be the first time she has been 'sick'. Never had a problem :)
So far the Roxor 2 months on the farm, has done great :)

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The Kaiser/Willys era Jeeps had 3pt/PTO options and the Roxor chassis is miles ahead in strength. So long as the systems are similar, I’d run one. I might have to fab my own back there. You’d want to tie the bed plate into the frame squared in.

The “lift” would be in the bed of the Roxor and the tailgate removed.

DLR

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I can see reasons to want and not want a PTO and/or 3 point hitch on the Roxor. From looking at videos of both old promotional films and current jeep reunions on YouTube, you can see how adding too much stuff on the back will keep you from using the hauling capacity of the bed.

My idea of using the Roxor and the compact tractor I have is that if power goes out at our house in the winter, I could use the Rox to power my PTO generator, while I use the tractor to plow our half mile lane. My experience with small gas engines is that if I don't use a piece of equipment for months (such as a small engine powered generator) when I need it, it has issues due to lack of use. What I don't need in an emergency with lights out, house getting cold and snow blowing is fussing with gas engines that don't want to start. That is one reason why I always liked the old walk behind Gravelys- one power plant, multiple implements. And the Roxor would be loafing along providing 15 hp to the PTO generator, with water cooling and forced oil pressure, something small gas engines don't have.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Exactly. One less engine to maintain. The 3pt lift will occupy the bed for sure.

If using all hydraulics, we can either run a pump off the crank (front bumper mounted) like a tractor (likley easiest method today IMO) or off the PTO port on the tcase (custom setup for the Roxor).