ooooooooooo

PTO

Grapedrank

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Hi new guy here. I have thought of this too; I can’t be the only one that sees the Roxor with the PTO as the perfect brush/forestry fire truck. Maybe not so much in the West Coast for huge wildland fires but definitely handy for the East coast.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I got two Spicer PTOs. It’s on the list to putz with.

Mmcduffie

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I hope Mahindra will eventually make one available. Pretty sure there will be a decent amount of owners looking for them. I have heard that if u can find on off of an old Willys that it would work.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I havent messed with em yet. IIRC Herm the overdrive guy has some info on the guts of these "Spicer18s".

A backup plan was to run a snout shaft pump like an old tractor and plumb hydraulics. Would be neat to be able to run a shaft driven generator off a rear plate mounted hydraulic motor. Doing a full 3 pt would be real hard on the body I'd think unless you were real creative with bracing.

Physicsdog

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I havent messed with em yet. IIRC Herm the overdrive guy has some info on the guts of these "Spicer18s".

A backup plan was to run a snout shaft pump like an old tractor and plumb hydraulics. Would be neat to be able to run a shaft driven generator off a rear plate mounted hydraulic motor. Doing a full 3 pt would be real hard on the body I'd think unless you were real creative with bracing.
I agree about the stresses and moment arm problems on a three point rear methodology. I am oriented more toward snow blower off the front but failing that, off the back.

Again, thanks…

Greg

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have the spicer 18 PTO bolt on adapter ..looks like it will fit ..however, I heard the Roxor internals are different and wont work with it like an early jeep transfer case. So I'm wanting to know too!

2dutz2

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A52AAAAAVJA001435 1435
I have the spicer 18 PTO bolt on adapter ..looks like it will fit ..however, I heard the Roxor internals are different and wont work with it like an early jeep transfer case. So I'm wanting to know too!