ooooooooooo

Rear PTO option?

nglauer

Founding Member
Has anyone heard any more information about a potential rear PTO? I know it was reported online by a few sources that Mahindra was considering it. I'm definitely interested in seeing this become a reality. The idea of being able to pull a finish mower around the property as well as grade my driveway sounds great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

nglauer

Founding Member
I received a lot of feedback on Facebook when I posted a similar question. There must be a fair amount of interest. The number of things that could be ran off a PTO are endless.

I'm thinking mower, brush hog, post hole digger, generator, and a few other things.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a PTO from a Willys. The ports appear identical. I'm not sure what they have planned but I bet they will run hydraulics off the port. The fuel tank is likely in the way to send a shaft rearward like a Willys.

nglauer

Founding Member
Were the original PTO's shaft driven or Hydraulic? I'd love to see a rear PTO option with a quick attach 3pt system. It's be nice to hook and unhook everything quickly so you can trail drive once whatever work task is completed.

Nick

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Were the original PTO's shaft driven or Hydraulic? I'd love to see a rear PTO option with a quick attach 3pt system. It's be nice to hook and unhook everything quickly so you can trail drive once whatever work task is completed.

Nick

Shaft. The Monroe/Willys 3pt lift units are quite rare these days but you can still find them from time to time.

My '57 also has a HiLO engine belt driven pump for front hydraulics.