ooooooooooo

One guess what about to happen

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I see. I thought the intercooler cooled the tranny not the turbo inlet gas. Cooler turbo operating temperature is likely very beneficial in a non emissions choked turbo diesel.

This will be my first diesel vehicle and my first turbo vehicle. I've put about 20k miles driving an international 4300 recently and that's my only experience with diesels outside the occasional diesel tractor in a hay field.

Mine will be mainly used in a hay field and on dirt tracks out here in the country. A little bit of creek bed action as well. I'm pretty sure I'll need a lunchbox and manual hubs up front, maybe a rear lunchbox, but I do like a turning radius smaller than two miles.
Lol, that's exactly what I did. A Spartan in the rear and Warn Locking up front. Good setup. These a couple posts in here of that stuff. If you do your own rear make sure to use the org. spacer. Hope you get one, I like to see it.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Where are you located.
Located in Indiana. So you have no lunchbox up front? I don't see the point in manual hubs with an open diff and a transfer case that can go into 2wd. Don't see much point in manual hubs with a part time 4x4 either except you can unlock one front wheel in very specific "hardcore wheeling" situations likely requiring a cutting brake.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When I'm not of road it frees up everything upfront. When in 2wd less wear and tear up front. Also, less resistance with the wheels turning.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
When I'm not of road it frees up everything upfront. When in 2wd less wear and tear up front. Also, less resistance with the wheels turning.
Help me understand, if you put the transfer case in 2wd, put a lunchbox up front, and unlocked the front hubs, what would be the difference vs your current setup? The way I understand it it's the exact same. Only difference being with 4wd capabilities having the front locked.

Open front diff might have you playing with the hubs less for better turning radius.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you YouTube roxor locking hubs, it may explain it better than I can

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I don't have a lunchbox upfront.
I know that, I'm trying to understand why you think it's less than desirable to have one on the front. I feel that it would be better in the front than the rear, however there is potentially something I do not understand.

I have air lockers in my SUV so zero experience with lunchboxes or locking hubs.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
oh, I see what you are saying now, I misunderstood your question. I'm not 100% sure which is better. Good question for someone more knowledgeable than me on here. LOL I would like to know the answer myself.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
oh, I see what you are saying now, I misunderstood your question. I'm not 100% sure which is better. Good question for someone more knowledgeable than me on here. LOL I would like to know the answer myself.
Just discovered that the site is organized well. I was thinking it was some weird disorganized mess. When I hit the home button it just shows me a bunch of random threads from various subforums. Turns out you have to hit the button in top left and hit the forums button, ignoring the drop-down menu arrow. I'll quit clogging your thread.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No problem at all, I love these things. You will see most guys on here are far more knowledgeable than I am, but I am happy to help if and when I can. This is a great site.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I didn't monitor them. I have an EGT gauge, and before the install on the highway it got as high as 1200 for a moment. I haven't driven it on the highway yet, so I'm not 100% sure. I have heard of it lowering the EGT by 2-300 not sure though.

JCurry2885

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
ok, I haven't monitored EGTs, but since i got the DF stage 2 tune I'm seeing 200+ iats on the highway...im thinking i need an intercooler in a bad way now

JCurry2885

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
highway im showing about 200 and thats about where it stays running 55 for about 2 miles straight. I think that is as high as my cts2 monitor will go tho, so i could be going higher. I need to fool with the settings to see if that is what its limited to or not.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Pretty cool, looks like a JL. I did get it, just took a little longer than expected.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
highway im showing about 200 and thats about where it stays running 55 for about 2 miles straight. I think that is as high as my cts2 monitor will go tho, so i could be going higher. I need to fool with the settings to see if that is what its limited to or not.
I’m a stage 1. I’ve noticed up to about 200-205 intake temps at around 60-65. It’ll stay there and not really climb any higher. And this is with outside temps in the 80’s. No idea what stock tune does but seeing I’m a stage 1 and your a 2 I bet stock is still close to the same. The air is compressed just the same. Think the only thing that would change those numbers are different turbos or the inter cooler.