Roxor #
?

1016201345_HDR.jpg 1016201345.jpg 1016201345a.jpg

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Were you concerned about your tranny temps? New member, don't own one yet but looking to make a move this week. Of course, like any other vehicle, I feel the need to modify it for longevity and performance

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No. More concerned with EGT cruising on the hard ball, more along the thought of caution.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Probably didnt need it, but I rather stay on the safe side. Hope you get one, they are awesome.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No. More concerned with EGT cruising on the hard ball, more along the thought of caution.
Could you translate that to noob? What hard ball are you talking about and what does exhaust gas temp have to do with it?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My bad, hard ball is Marine Corps talk for highway (pavement/asphalt), and EGT, exhaust gas temp, is the temp from the exhaust, the intercooler puts colder air in the turbo which equals cooler egt, which is better for the Roxor. Off road it probably dosent do much cause you are usually going way slower.

Cloud

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My bad, hard ball is Marine Corps talk for highway (pavement/asphalt), and EGT, exhaust gas temp, is the temp from the exhaust, the intercooler puts colder air in the turbo which equals cooler egt, which is better for the Roxor. Off road it probably dosent do much cause you are usually going way slower.
I see. I thought the intercooler cooled the tranny not the turbo inlet gas. Cooler turbo operating temperature is likely very beneficial in a non emissions choked turbo diesel.

This will be my first diesel vehicle and my first turbo vehicle. I've put about 20k miles driving an international 4300 recently and that's my only experience with diesels outside the occasional diesel tractor in a hay field.

Mine will be mainly used in a hay field and on dirt tracks out here in the country. A little bit of creek bed action as well. I'm pretty sure I'll need a lunchbox and manual hubs up front, maybe a rear lunchbox, but I do like a turning radius smaller than two miles.