ooooooooooo

On the Rox Slider/Step Review

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Since getting the Roxor in late December, the first thing my wife said we had to get is some type of side steps as she has difficulty getting in and out easily. We use our Roxor on the farm and one of the tasks is opening and closing gates while feeding the cattle etc which requires a lot of in and out of the cab. The first option that I considered was the OEM side steps that many folks have gotten free from their dealer. Well, just my luck, my dealer said they got none and they were not available for purchase so I looked into other options. I was only able to locate a couple of options for steps/sliders but in the end, I ended up settling on the On The Rox sliders with the 2" drop down step. I was a little apprehensive to get this particular set mainly because of the number of holes that has to be drilled in the body for installation (7 on each side) but I ended up saying "what the heck, its a work tool anyway". I got the wrinkle black finish, mainly for added traction on the step portion. Here is my review:

The steps arrived yesterday via UPS while I was at work but once I got home, I promptly began the installation.

Pros
-Shipping was quick considering the size and that they came ground (5 days from order to delivery from Montana to W. Kentucky).
-Shipping cost was included in the purchase price. I ordered directly from On the Rox. This is not always the case with some of the 3rd party vendors of their products FYI.
-Packaging was very good, the set was bolted together and well wrapped and boxed resulting in the sliders arriving in good undamaged condition.
-The install was straight forward and easy. It took around 45 minutes start to finish with part of this time rounding up the right tools.
-The steps are durable and very sturdy. The finish is good and they are very well built.

Cons
-There were no installation instructions included or on the On the Rox website (instructions for many of their products are on the website). The installation is pretty much self explanatory (they will only fit one way) so this is kind of a non-issue, but I would have liked to have known what size drill bit was needed so I was sure to have the appropriate size on hand. My drill bit selection often has missing and broken sizes :). Plus, I am just the type of person that likes to read the installation instructions whether they are needed or not.
-The step portion of the slider is completely vertical to the rest of the slider and Roxor body. I was expecting the step portion to angle out to some degree like all other side steps I've seen and used. I either did not notice this or could not tell in the photos I looked at online. The issue with this is that it is very difficult to get your foot into the step portion essentially eliminating the functionality as a step. This issue is amplified when wearing any type of mud or other work boots with larger toe pockets. It is less an issue wearing street or tennis type shoes, however, usually when we are using the Roxor were wearing bulky work or mud boots.

Overall, this is a nice, well built product however, potential buyers should consider the step design as mentioned above if their primary use for these is as a step. Maybe the reason for the vertical versus angled step is to keep the width the same as the body. However, this would not be an issue for me since I have installed fender flares anyway. If I had noticed this issue prior to purchase/install, it would have been a deal breaker. I would have went with something more suited for my use as a step. Maybe On the Rox should consider adding an angled step as an option in the future.

Kyjondeere

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
5309260F-CF59-4C29-97B2-0E709062E374.jpeg

Here’s a photo. The step would be much more functional if it kicked out instead of being straight down.