ooooooooooo

Oil filter cross reference

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@Coldweather86, thanks for your reply, it got me looking into this further. The WIX is rated at 21 micron nominal. I'm not an expert but I think "nominal" means it will capture 50% of the particles that are 21 Micron in size. Less efficient for small particles, more efficient for larger particles.
Looking at the Mahindra filter it says on the can "13 MICRON FILTER". That's probably a nominal rating - I cannot locate specs for the Mahindra filter on the web.
Also, if the Mahindra filter is a 13 micron filter, the flow rate through the filter material would be less and that might explain why it is taller than the 21 micron filters that are generally available.
I'm thinking that maybe I'll wait for the OEM Mahindra filter to be available. Oil change is not urgent for me right now.
I have a couple of other small diesels (Yanmar) in a boat and a tractor and I've learned that they like clean oil.
Thats great information, good stuff to learn. Thanks BillB

Lumberlegs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
For what its worth I changed my oil over the weekend using the WIX 51626 from O'Reily's. It threads fine but as many have noted it is a shorter filter.

utah_aviator

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Just to keep the confirming data coming, my dealer's source for the WIX 51626 filter was Diesel Freak. I'm changing out my break-in oil tomorrow or Friday before weekend rides; I will use the WIX 51626.

Tokarev

I see Sherwood Tractor has the Mahindra filters back in stock. Price has doubled since last availability. At $13 per I'll probably just use Wix from here on out.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I see Sherwood Tractor has the Mahindra filters back in stock. Price has doubled since last availability. At $13 per I'll probably just use Wix from here on out.

Not in stock, more like in route. Estimated shipping date nov 2.

Tokarev

Not in stock, more like in route. Estimated shipping date nov 2.
Yeah I stand corrected.

Speaking of Sherwood; does anyone have a current discount code? I tried save10 and tractor5 but neither will work for me.

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Also as stated earlier wix 51324 work as well and they are a bit longer , have a bit higher bypass valve setting @ 16 psi ....The wix 51626 BP is @ 8-11 psi ... With synth oil better & more filtration with the 51324 ....microns ratings are the same for both filters @ 21 ...remember there are a bunch of different ways they figure that micron rating.. mahandra claims 13 micron on theirs,but no one knows how they came to that number .I went with wix 51324 ....

sherwoodtractor

Vendor
Yeah I stand corrected.

Speaking of Sherwood; does anyone have a current discount code? I tried save10 and tractor5 but neither will work for me.

Both of those promo codes were associated with promotions that have ended. But no worries-here's a new promo code for you guys! Use code TEAMROX5 at checkout for 5% off your order through Dec 31, 2020.

ty.witt

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Had a few other numbers I’ve been exploring.

Anyone ran a Wix 51182 yet? It comes in at roughly a half an inch longer with pretty much the same diameter as the OEM. Same gasket diameter specs as 51626. Seems like it may be a good candidate. Bypass valve setting is a much higher 24 PSI I will note.

I have a Bosch 3401 sitting on my counter that goes on. I had it screwed on loosely to see if it would go before putting an OEM I had on hand back in it’s place (figured it’d be bad luck to put a shorter filter on for the first change?). Essentially it’s the similar sized and spec alternative to wix 51626. I’ve ran the Bosch filters on my pickups forever....so that’s why I thought I’d see what they had to offer.

Of the few other options I’ve found, most seem to be old stock of discontinued p/n’s. I’ve got family that works for a Massey Ferguson dealer and a few friends with Case IH as well. I’m going to see if there’s anything promising from there. Won’t help everyone, but I’m sure a few farm/ranch guys in here might appreciate those options as well. Someone should check around with John Deere as well. I’ve seen their filters all over various vehicles and odd ball equipment.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That's why I change it every year if I don't hit the 25k. Oil still breaks down over time. I'm very pleased with amsoil though.
It will last you will just need to swap out the oil filter once during the year

Tokarev

Both of those promo codes were associated with promotions that have ended. But no worries-here's a new promo code for you guys! Use code TEAMROX5 at checkout for 5% off your order through Dec 31, 2020.
@sherwoodtractor

Any new codes for January 2021?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Tokarev

Anyone have any updates for the rest of us? What else might cross reference?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Amsoil 15k32 works as well as Amsoil EAO64

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
One is a 15k filter the other is 25k. The 64 is a tad bigger. All filter 99% and have bypass valves built in. Nanofiber technology. They filter at 20 microns

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I sat down and searched for Oil filters for the Roxor. Attached is a table.
Long story short, I wanted to provide some additional data for filters discussed on this board.

What I checked are
1. diameter and height match the srock filter within a fraction of an inch
2. any information on the bypass valve I could find (becuase the Mahindra stock filter doesn't list the setting)
3. particle size filtered

I started with a search for Mahindra stock, 51626, and 51324 often mentioned on this board.

Height and diameter
Easy to find. 51626, 51324, Mahindra 0303BC0071N, etc have all the same diameter. I found a couple more. The height varies. I looked at dozens of filters and could not find one that is exactly the same height as the stock filter. The Mahindra filter is 120mm (4.724 in) tall. The 51626 (often mentioned on this board) is 97mm (3.812 in) tall - almost 1" shorter than the stock filter. Some of the ones I found are a bit taller.
In theory, the height of the filter (given the same diameter) affects the area of the filter medium. Given the same filter medium, a smaller area = more restriction = higher pressure (opposite applies to a taller filter).
Since I cannot find anywhere what pressure or flow the Roxor's oil pump generates, I don't know if that is an issue or not.
Also, I have not cut open a stock filter see what the height of the filter medium is. (Depending on the design of the filter, the filter medium could be taller or shorter inside a can of equal height).

Bypass valve
The bypass valve setting on the stock filter is not listed anywhere.
When I searched the web for the Mahindra part number 0303BC0071N, the K&N HP 2007 filter came up. It lists a bypass valve of 8-11 psi.
The Wix 51626 is often mentioned on this board. I called a local (80 miles) dealer and asked for a cross. They said they also found this filter (but don't sell it because they have stock filters on the shelf). It's bypass valve is at 8-11 psi.
I decided to focus on 8-11 psi and near by (and discarded filters in the 30s and 20s)
Again, I looked at dozens of filters and found some that have a bypass valve setting in the 10-11, and one in the 16 psi range.
Again, without knowing pressure or flow of the Roxor's oil pump, I don't know if that is an issue or not.
(I do not start my machine in very cold temperatures when the oil would be thick enough to have to push past the filter medium and through the bypass valve)

On a side note: the dealer I called said they have over a dozen 2022's on the lot and more on order. That said, one would assume that spare (and maintenance) parts will follow.

20220401_211102.jpg

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I've been using this Amsoil filter on my chevy for years and it may not be as wide but it is longer. The overall filtration and leading technology is what I aim for. The bypass valve is the 8-11%. Fits perfectly the gasket is in the same exact place as the wix.

20220403_111907.jpg 20220403_111950.jpg