ooooooooooo

How often do you change your engine oil?

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I've had my Roxor for almost 3 years now. This last year I added a cab which makes it a year round vehicle here in Utah. I use the Roxor more around town than I do my pickup truck, for fuel economy and because it is fun to drive. But I am racking up the miles.

I know the manual says change the engine oil every 3000 miles. In my truck, Chevy Silverado 2500 HD, I change the oil every 5000 miles, even though the manual says every 7500. But 3000 on the Roxor seems like more than it needs, but then I have never owned a diesel before.

How often do you folks change the engine oil in your Roxor?

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Your good. Only time to really worry on hours or miles is break in. After that once a year or every 5000 should be good. I havent ever mileages out. Probably not even by the hours. But once a year is always good. Only thing your hurting is your pocketbook that way. Depending on oils used and hours yearly you could probably even extend that. But once a year is a good rule of thumb for low hours/mileage use within a year.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Only a couple thousand, but time itself will also break down the oil. I usually do every vehicle I own in Feb. just seems to work good for me, prep everything for spring coming out of winter.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So no matter with amsoil it's once a year. Even if your Rox sits for 9 months let's say the oil is still collecting contanaments. If u run amsoil as i do as well staying within the parameters of Amsoil you also have that warranty that comes with it. 1 yr or 25k which ever comes first. Against any failure caused by the oil. My Rox has only 1400 miles on it I also use to commute to work. Love the MPG. Me and Roxasuras changed ours about the same time. Napa has a oil filter that works for it as well if you want to avoid getting the specific filter by Mahindra

UtahHunter

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
So no matter with amsoil it's once a year. Even if your Rox sits for 9 months let's say the oil is still collecting contanaments. If u run amsoil as i do as well staying within the parameters of Amsoil you also have that warranty that comes with it. 1 yr or 25k which ever comes first. Against any failure caused by the oil. My Rox has only 1400 miles on it I also use to commute to work. Love the MPG. Me and Roxasuras changed ours about the same time. Napa has a oil filter that works for it as well if you want to avoid getting the specific filter by Mahindra
I see you live in Utah. Which Amsoil do you run?

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Do you have an amsoil account? If you do they will send you the whole complete set, way better for the Roxor and cheaper!

Deuskid

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Do you have an amsoil account? If you do they will send you the whole complete set, way better for the Roxor and cheaper!

What is an amsoil account? Can retail customers qualify? What all comes in a 'complete set'? Thanks

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
What is an amsoil account? Can retail customers qualify? What all comes in a 'complete set'? Thanks
So you can only buy amsoil from a dealer or become a preferred customer. You can do that all online. If you cost verses Retail get with Roxaruras he will get you the info so you can sign up. If you just go straight though Amsoil you will pay retail. If you become a PC you have access to everything at cost. It's like 20 dollars a year but will easily save that on first purchase

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Complete set of fluids, oil trans from rear differential. You have to have an account with them to buy directly. PM me if you are interested