ooooooooooo

Installed Intake Hold down bracket oil leaking

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I just installed the intake hold down bracket. Simple install went for a ride and noticed oil leaking. I'm new to diesels what's leaking. All three bolts seem tight. What's did I do wrong? How do I fix?

20210915_203758.jpg 20210915_172605.jpg 20210915_203747.jpg 20210915_203739.jpg

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Oil, hmm. There is nothing around there you would have touched when you install the bracket that has to do with oil.
I was thinking diesel would make sense because the three bolts are around a fuel pump component. The fuel filter is on the same side.
Also, on the same side of the engine are the break fluid and power steering fluid reservoirs. Are they dry or do they have wet dust on it?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
All I did was undo the three bolts and slip in the bracket, and tighten back up. I have no idea why. It might be fuel but doesn't really smell like it. I'm also gimp right now due to ankle surgery so not at 100% to tackle the job. When I removed the three bolts I remembered something did move alittle. It could be fuel that would make more sense

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I assume the 4 bolts if removed exposes fuel pump. Maybe something like a O ring popped out but now that it's back in its pinched.... wish I can see the breakdown of the pump

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
You are corret. If you removed all 4 bolts instead of the three needed to mount the hold down, you may have introduced an issue.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I only removed the three left the 4th secured without removing or loosening. Why does it look like oil?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I think I got it. I undid the three screws and tried to tighten them so they all wnt even

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No so to add the bracket you remove the 3 of the 4 screws and slip on the bracket. Green the shinny bolts are ones removed the bracket it poor man's way of fixing intake boots leak. I only removed the gray wire holder and kit came with a screw to use to force intake down. $30 option over a new $300 DF intake.

Attachments

• 20210915_125035.jpg
    20210915_125035.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 174

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If you removed the bolts that I have circled in green, that's the injection pump, and you screwed yourself. It's a HPCR fuel system. So the pump makes incredibly high fuel pressure that feeds the fuel rail on top of the engine. That's where the fuel mess you have is coming from.

Edit: I see the component has been updated since I got mine last year. I think you need to reach out to Wade to try and remedy the leak you have there. Having removed those bolts on the injection pump to install that bracket likely let whatever residual pressure that was in the pump blow past the seal.

Last edited:

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Others have removed the three bolts and added the the bracket without issues. So I've adjusted the bolts and tightened them even and pretty sure problem is gone. No other way to put bracket on without removal of three

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I re tightened all three equal, cleaned side of motor ran zero issues

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
@CJ2Rox: I installed the same bracket on both my Roxors without an issue. I was concerned what removing the three bolts would do once I learned its part of the high pressure fuel system (as Colderweather said, the fuel pump runs very high pressure... maybe 20 thousand psi).
Sounds like you are ok now.