ooooooooooo

Oil filter cross reference

utah_aviator

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for clarifying Colderweather; Good try! So it looks like we have one WIX p/n (51626) that three separate Mahindra "experts" agree upon. Looks promising. I'll contact my dealer today and ask where they got this part number from. I'll update with the answer. Thanks everyone!

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I ran the WIX number across the CAT filters. It came up with 3. I will find out what the tallest filter of the 3 is and report back here on Monday when I get back to the shop.
Thanks for clarifying Colderweather; Good try! So it looks like we have one WIX p/n (51626) that three separate Mahindra "experts" agree upon. Looks promising. I'll contact my dealer today and ask where they got this part number from. I'll update with the answer. Thanks everyone!

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
No issues with it being shorter? Nice to see it works
Shorter means less filter media. I don't like shorter (that's what she said). I will spend more time crossing filters and see what I can come up with.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Roxor oil filter has a cross on Luber Finer filters: PH2801. Cross that to Baldwin B141. Wix shows two when you cross: 51324 and 51626.
Luberfiner is only showing crosses with tractor engines on their website.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Used the Roxor filter number. That is what came up.
Your correct. Just tried it. That’s odd earlier this week they showed nothing and I emailed inquiring about a cross but never got a response. To further complicate it when you go to the 2801 detail and go to buyers guide it doesn’t show the Roxor as an application, although i suspect that it just hasnt been uodated yet Part Number - Luberfiner
look at all those applications and the number of possible crosses should increase exponentially, as does the availability at the local auto parts.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Oil filter cross reference

using the luber finer ph2801 confirmed cross you have a slew of possible filters that you should be able to obtain locally just about anywhere.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Don’t tell FCA but the roxors oil filter is a cross on certain Jeep applications. Jeep purists will be pissed as well.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The torque spec is something I need to get better at with everything.

BillB

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Colderweather86

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Both of those are 21 micron, and crosses to a Donaldson P550067, which is a 16 micron filter. Thread size is the same, M20-1.5.

BillB

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
@Coldweather86, thanks for your reply, it got me looking into this further. The WIX is rated at 21 micron nominal. I'm not an expert but I think "nominal" means it will capture 50% of the particles that are 21 Micron in size. Less efficient for small particles, more efficient for larger particles.
Looking at the Mahindra filter it says on the can "13 MICRON FILTER". That's probably a nominal rating - I cannot locate specs for the Mahindra filter on the web.
Also, if the Mahindra filter is a 13 micron filter, the flow rate through the filter material would be less and that might explain why it is taller than the 21 micron filters that are generally available.
I'm thinking that maybe I'll wait for the OEM Mahindra filter to be available. Oil change is not urgent for me right now.
I have a couple of other small diesels (Yanmar) in a boat and a tractor and I've learned that they like clean oil.