ooooooooooo

New vs original

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Do the new Roxors use the same windshield frame and doors(or holes for door hinges) as the or ones. I thought they were the same except for the front end and engine size, just want to make sure. Also, do they have an ECM upgrade for the new ones?

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The differences between the 2022 and 2023 HDUV, is the 2023 HDUV has the 2.7L engine, different fuel filter assembly, LED tail lights, 16 gallon fuel tank, and heavier front and rear springs. Some of the later 2022's had the digital gauge that is used in the 2023 HDUV. No one has an ECM upgrade for the 2.7L yet. Wade at Diesel Freak is working on one, but I don't know how much progress he has made. Unlike the 2018 thru 2022 2.5L engines, where you could install an OBDII adapter to adapt the 6 pin marine connector to standard OBDII connector and then install a ScanGauge 2 or 3 or other common code scanner, the 2.7L ECM, while still using the same 6 pin marine connector, is using a different communication protocol, (possibly HD OBDII, but not yet confirmed), which will not allow the ScanGauge 2, 3 or other common automotive OBDII scanners and code readers to communicate with the ECM. I am hoping to try an HD OBDII scanner the next time I get out to my ranch to see if that will communicate. If it does, then a ScanGauge D, with custom adapter should work. Don't buy any scanners or adapters yet. Yes, the 2022 and 2023 HDUV Roxor bodies, are the same.

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The differences between the 2022 and 2023 HDUV, is the 2023 HDUV has the 2.7L engine, different fuel filter assembly, LED tail lights, 16 gallon fuel tank, and heavier front and rear springs. Some of the later 2022's had the digital gauge that is used in the 2023 HDUV. No one has an ECM upgrade for the 2.7L yet. Wade at Diesel Freak is working on one, but I don't know how much progress he has made. Unlike the 2018 thru 2022 2.5L engines, where you could install an OBDII adapter to adapt the 6 pin marine connector to standard OBDII connector and then install a ScanGauge 2 or 3 or other common code scanner, the 2.7L ECM, while still using the same 6 pin marine connector, is using a different communication protocol, (possibly HD OBDII, but not yet confirmed), which will not allow the ScanGauge 2, 3 or other common automotive OBDII scanners and code readers to communicate with the ECM. I am hoping to try an HD OBDII scanner the next time I get out to my ranch to see if that will communicate. If it does, then a ScanGauge D, with custom adapter should work. Don't buy any scanners or adapters yet. Yes, the 2022 and 2023 HDUV Roxor bodies, are the same.
thank you