ooooooooooo

Need door options

Travis

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I'm out here at POGO gold mine in Alaska. We recently got 3 rigs and the guys that are supposed to test them underground refuse to drive them until I put doors on them. I know CJ5 doors are to short. Has any one put hard doors on one, and does anyone know if Thar doors are a bolt on option.

i303

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just tried to find a pic floating in the web, but no luck:

In the 80's I was stationed in Mannheim, West Germany. Our M151 Jeeps had half doors made out of plywood. Best we could do to stay warm really. Not much to make them, 2 hinges and painted to match.

I wished I took more pics

Not going to be pretty but it'll work. I did the same for a FJ40 land cruiser when I ran wo top and full doors

Last edited:

on_the_rox

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey Travis, we are building our first batch of doors to sell this week. Call us at the shop 406-967-2189. Ask for Wyatt, and I can get an order put together for you.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey Travis, we are building our first batch of doors to sell this week. Call us at the shop 406-967-2189. Ask for Wyatt, and I can get an order put together for you.
The question on the doors IS ...is there a soft top w/ upper doors available ? If not , the half doors are a waste of time, seems to me...

on_the_rox

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Half doors are a great option for climates that are warm. They offer the occupant some protection, and help to make the ROXOR look more finished. We are going to work on soft top with full door enclosures as well, but we just have not had the development time yet. We will keep everyone updated.

IMG-8989.JPG IMG-8994 (1).JPG IMG-9001.JPG

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I hope the half doors have a lock ability. I know the half doors that are an option on the Wrangler are equipped this way , with provision for upper soft door . This type of build was used on cars and trucks for over 100 years. They were called “ side curtains.” .

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jeeps never were a vehicle overly compatible with areas prone to crime lol. They are built for the opposite in fact. I don't see the ROXOR being much different.

I can check whether the TJ halfs fit. I do have a set of those around.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Jeeps never were a vehicle overly compatible with areas prone to crime lol. They are built for the opposite in fact. I don't see the ROXOR being much different.

I can check whether the TJ halfs fit. I do have a set of those around.

Locking a conv. ( Open car) seems impractial, however those of us that have pets might think differently......vehicles are sitting ducks , compared your home. In rural areas most people do not lock the front door, but when in the city, at the mall there still is a comfort level with your pets aboard.to make unwanted entry more difficult .

Yes let us know about the doors.......they were quite pricy in the Jeep cataloge.
Ł

9jj

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have a DDS - Doberman Defense System.

Funny story, I travel for work from time to time, and was in Louisville, late at night, near the bridge (you'll know it if you know it). The places I work at sadly are not in the best areas, usually. Well the customer liked dogs, and wanted me to bring mine. Needless to say I could walk the area at night and wandering riff raff crossed the street to avoid me. Little did they know my dog might be the nicest darn thing on the planet, she just looks intimidating. LOL

quickshot

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Half doors are a great option for climates that are warm. They offer the occupant some protection, and help to make the ROXOR look more finished. We are going to work on soft top with full door enclosures as well, but we just have not had the development time yet. We will keep everyone updated.

View attachment 755View attachment 756View attachment 757
I like the doors. please keep me updated on development--uppers etc.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Half doors can be a great thing. The ultiminate would be half door with roll up frameless glass..........they worked well for the last 100 years on open cars....why not now ?

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
locking ? ..........now if a window wing were included would cut down some with wind and rain.

Corvus

Has anybody thought about just importing Thar kits from India? We know they make steel doors, soft tops, and steel tops.