ooooooooooo

Need door options

Corvus

Do the Thar doors, cabs etc. fit? have you tried or imported some from India? thanks
I have not, but considering they are selling out of every Roxor they build, and are now now looking for a bigger factory, I think there will be a Canadian company importing Thar parts very soon. I think within a year, the after market will jump all over the Roxor.

TacoJon

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Would be cool if someone could come up with some sort of window feature to work with aftermarket doors. Perhaps use the same thick plastic that is on the OEM enclosure that would button to the door something. I love my enclosure but hate having to unzip all the time to get out. A set up like this would allow compatibility with the enclosure. Still hoping someone comes up with a decent complete hard top option at some point that doesn't look horrendous.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Recently purchased a Roxor and have been looking at door options which are few and far between.. I have fair fabrication skills and I feel like I could make my own but having trouble finding hinges that match the hole pattern in the side of the Roxor. Anyone know where I could find hinges?

B

Bister

Recently purchased a Roxor and have been looking at door options which are few and far between.. I have fair fabrication skills and I feel like I could make my own but having trouble finding hinges that match the hole pattern in the side of the Roxor. Anyone know where I could find hinges?
Other guys with more knowledge will chime in. Some Jeep hinges fit I think, I'm sure guys will tell you which ones and 'On The Rox' makes half doors.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The problem with On The Rox doors they are but a shell. No roll up windows, insulation , or provision for side curtains, which I would welcome. Our old Jeeps had them,long ago now, but they DID work to protect us from the elements.

B

Bister

The problem with On The Rox doors they are but a shell. No roll up windows, insulation , or provision for side curtains, which I would welcome. Our old Jeeps had them,long ago now, but they DID work to protect us from the elements.

I'm thinking Roxor must have stuff in the works. I'm sure they haven't quit designing stuff yet. I thinking they are just getting started. I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff shows up someday, things like a hard cab or half cab. It would be nice to have an idea of what is in the pipe line and maybe a rough time frame so we would know if we should wait or buy the first aftermarket stuff that shows up. I'm all accessorized out for now. :( The piggy bank is bent.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Ev,eryones needs are slightly different, waiting for the Rox catalog part is not magic. In my mind being creative yourself carries more weight.

Jeepish

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I was not impressed with the Rox doors. There are some really awesome EAG half doors for the CJ7’s on Amazon with American flag designs/military star designs with built in side mirrors that I really liked. I agree with Darstar, I will be using my imagination instead of waiting on the Rox’s latest overpriced option.

RoxorSE

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
SE #052
Ye
I'm thinking Roxor must have stuff in the works. I'm sure they haven't quit designing stuff yet. I thinking they are just getting started. I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff shows up someday, things like a hard cab or half cab. It would be nice to have an idea of what is in the pipe line and maybe a rough time frame so we would know if we should wait or buy the first aftermarket stuff that shows up. I'm all accessorized out for now. :( The piggy bank is bent.
Yeah, same here. I'm going to hold what I got on accessories. Roxor pintle hitch, oil pan skid plate, spare tire and mount, On The Rox Fab folding windshield with wipers, turn signal kit, Warn hubs and a Hi-Lift jack mounted to the roll bar, also a led lighted license plate frame just in case.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My thoughts on the “ official” Roxor available options goes a bit further . My personal example is the hitch install. I went to my dealer , bought the ball mounted/pintle assembly. It was not long after I mounted the flat plate that I descovered the ball was 2”, fine for older trailers but not up to my standards when using the Rox to shuttle trailers around in the Yard , They all had 2 5/16” balls. I did make it work by eliminating the upper pintle section and some cutting away of ford edged material. ( I did ask the dealer to supply the correct assembly , he could not ). What I have will work,will know tomorrow. ...the point is , check carefully what Roxor offers , it may not be correct for your install.

B

Bister

My thoughts on the “ official” Roxor available options goes a bit further . My personal example is the hitch install. I went to my dealer , bought the ball mounted/pintle assembly. It was not long after I mounted the flat plate that I descovered the ball was 2”, fine for older trailers but not up to my standards when using the Rox to shuttle trailers around in the Yard , They all had 2 5/16” balls. I did make it work by eliminating the upper pintle section and some cutting away of ford edged material. ( I did ask the dealer to supply the correct assembly , he could not ). What I have will work,will know tomorrow. ...the point is , check carefully what Roxor offers , it may not be correct for your install.
No offence, but that would have been on you to check before you buy, like you said. When I ordered my hitch I check before that it was 2” and not 1 7/8”, cause that’s rare now and the Roxor has a tow capacity of 3200#. Would be silly to put on a large ball for that.

I have one trailer that uses a draw pin. I’ll just remove the ball.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Not always so.... I used the Rox this week to move my 28’ trailer around the park. Take it on the road , yes , but empty only and not a great distance. It’s been several years since I had a trailer with a 2” ball. Here in the States the 2 5/16” ball is becoming standard on newer aluminum trailers. In the last 5 years I had a 22’ Featherlite 2 5/16” a 20 ft Aluma tilt bed 2 5/16”, 28’ Wolverine 2 5/16” . ...now if you rent a UHaul truck it will have a 2” welded on ball.......this I learned the hard way..... Yes I could have returned the factory hitch to the dealer , but considering the fab cost for a custom, I decided to make the mods to fit the bigger ball and still retain my homemade aluminum bumper.........This whole Roxor thing is just taking baby steps so far. Every one is a work in progress , bottom line I think most of us are welcoming the Challenge.,

B

Bister

I assume those are all tandem trailers with a GVW around or over 7000# ? The only trailer I have with a 2 5/16 is my 7000# dump. All my other trailers are 3500#, or less, single axle trailers and they are 2". I think most single axles trailers around the 3-3500# mark will be the 2" and if its bigger than that you will be into the 2 5/16". That's my experience.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a 14’ single axle trailer with 2 5/16. Custom ordered it that way. Standardized my ball size amongst all trailers.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I assume those are all tandem trailers with a GVW around or over 7000# ? The only trailer I have with a 2 5/16 is my 7000# dump. All my other trailers are 3500#, or less, single axle trailers and they are 2". I think most single axles trailers around the 3-3500# mark will be the 2" and if its bigger than that you will be into the 2 5/16". That's my experience.
Yes, this is correct,however,I would NEVER own a single axle trailer,as they are all designed to be pulled by a truck and almost all times ,over the rd , used to Cary a vehicle. There is a big safety factor having only one axle.

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
And further more ( this is a thang I have ) I dislike tow axle Dolly’s . I once had a Jeep lifted front, tire blew in Atlanta rush hour...blew tire,which then took out the other tire! I once had an axle bearing freeze up,twisted axle stub off wheel and tire landed in a creek......and this was with a tandem enclosed car h@uler( Car was 6000 ,trailer 4’000 sure glad I had another axle back up !