ooooooooooo

Available DOT windshield options

Tokarev

Just wanting to get an idea of what windshield options exist. Mainly looking for those that accept glass rather than plastic.

If I have it right:

Jeep windshield. These fit but require removal of the cab area roll cage. Some other minor mods might be needed

Fortress. Seem well liked by owners. Tip-out feature nice at lower speeds. Won't stay tipped at top end of governor. Not a stand-alone item and must be used with the Fortess metal roof.

On the Rox. Two versions here. One is a solid plate. The other folds forward and lays across the hood ala real Jeep. They both come pre-drilled for OTR wiper kit. Haven't seen much feedback. The folder is cool but expensive.

What am I missing? Any other options? Which is the best value?

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Just wanting to get an idea of what windshield options exist. Mainly looking for those that accept glass rather than plastic.

If I have it right:

Jeep windshield. These fit but require removal of the cab area roll cage. Some other minor mods might be needed

Fortress. Seem well liked by owners. Tip-out feature nice at lower speeds. Won't stay tipped at top end of governor. Not a stand-alone item and must be used with the Fortess metal roof.

On the Rox. Two versions here. One is a solid plate. The other folds forward and lays across the hood ala real Jeep. They both come pre-drilled for OTR wiper kit. Haven't seen much feedback. The folder is cool but expensive.

What am I missing? Any other options? Which is the best value?
I have the DFK hard cab - half cab

Details below this is what I have.

NOTES:
- Product is shipped freight. Please inspect product carefully before signing and accepting shipment. Once product has been signed for, we are no longer liable for damages that incurred during shipping.
- Residential delivery services do NOT include liftgate and/or inside delivery services. If you require one of those services, please select that above.

Applicability: 2018-19 Mahindra ROXOR / ROXOR LE / ROXOR SE

Roof:
  • Formed metal and powder-coated black for durability
  • Thin layer of foam is used on the inside top surface to dampen engine noise
  • Securely bolts to the chassis
  • Trailers at highway speeds with no issues
Rear Panel:
  • Tempered safety glass, full view rear windshield
Doors:
  • All steel doors with insulated panels for maximum temperature control and noise reduction
  • Weather tight, automotive type weather stripping used for positive sealing
  • All doors are key matched with door locks
  • Tempered glass sliding windows on driver and passenger side
  • Windows have a lockable latch when closed
  • Easy to remove with greasable, lift off hinges
  • Side view mirrors included
Windshield:
  • D.O.T. laminated safety glass front windshield
  • Full 2 position tilt out windshields
  • Supported in the open position by automotive-style gas struts
Options available:
  • Commercial grade cab heater and air conditioner
  • Automotive designed wiper/washer system

Optional Liftgate Services:
Not sure how you're going to unload your new hard cab enclosure? No worries, with the liftgate services, the freight company will put your cab on the ground for you.

Optional Inside Delivery Services:
Not sure how you're going to move your new hard cab enclosure? No worries, with the inside delivery services, the freight company will move your cab around for you, within their discretion, to help you get it closer to where you need it.

Tokarev

I have the DFK hard cab - half cab

That sounds like top quality stuff.

I poked around a bit on their website and didn't see a stand alone windshield. Did I miss it?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

pejo0501

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
That sounds like top quality stuff.

I poked around a bit on their website and didn't see a stand alone windshield. Did I miss it?

You didn’t comes with a windshield, top, full doors, and a back to close up the cab. My understanding the doors with sliding windows are easy to take off. Also forgot to mention includes a wiper and window washer flood.

Last edited:

Darstar

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
If I had to do over , the CJ winshild is the way to go , no question. When you are done it blends well and makes your ride look as it should , A modern CJ 7. ,! It can be installed without cutting out the front roll cage by using spacers. I went with the OTR it turned out nice but is more costly when you add wipers and defroster ducts.

Tokarev

If I had to do over , the CJ winshild is the way to go , no question. When you are done it blends well and makes your ride look as it should , A modern CJ 7. ,! It can be installed without cutting out the front roll cage by using spacers. I went with the OTR it turned out nice but is more costly when you add wipers and defroster ducts.
The OTR folding unit with the FJ40 bumpers and hooks is pretty slick but also pretty expensive. Still, it would help maintain the flavor of the "open air" Mahindra.

Erdinger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I see one from Rock Road (https://rockroadco.com/shop?olsPage=products/fixed-windshield-mirror-mounting-points-painted)
I like that it has mount holes for CJ side mirrors. Dont see anything about compatibility with Rox bikini top, which i want to keep. Also dont see anything about windshield wiper options. And didn't see photos of interior after installation. I think it's steel, instead of aluminum, which i think On the Rox is.
im still trying to decide which to go with. Good luck.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I see one from Rock Road (https://rockroadco.com/shop?olsPage=products/fixed-windshield-mirror-mounting-points-painted)
I like that it has mount holes for CJ side mirrors. Dont see anything about compatibility with Rox bikini top, which i want to keep. Also dont see anything about windshield wiper options. And didn't see photos of interior after installation. I think it's steel, instead of aluminum, which i think On the Rox is.
its steel. ill send picks tomorrow. with the center bar for the soft top. it pits a gap on the rollbar on the top. bottom of fraim flexes at speed.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

KIMG0523.JPG KIMG0521.JPG KIMG0522.JPG

Erdinger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for posting photos, I appreciate it. I like the way it looks.
I'm not sure if I care about much else. i dont ever plan on putting doors or a full top on this, and dont plan on driving very fast, so I'm thinking right now going with whatever looks good.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Thanks for posting photos, I appreciate it. I like the way it looks.
I'm not sure if I care about much else. i dont ever plan on putting doors or a full top on this, and dont plan on driving very fast, so I'm thinking right now going with whatever looks good.
same with me. i used seymout truck bed coating 20-41. its close to the rox lining.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
The problem with the CJ windshield is you just lost all your good top options.

Erdinger

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Yep. Years ago i had a 74 CJ-5 and then later a 82 CJ7. soft/bikini tops on both. Im 6-1, and the tops always beat the crap out of th etop of my head. This stock bikini top on the Roxor is higher, plus it has the solid brace in the middle. So whatever i get for a windshield want to keep this top.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I gotta tighten mine up. My center brace pushes forward at 60 MPH and loosens everything.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
i noticed my top flaps more with the winshield on.

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I might try some velcro to keep the bar in place.

Paulson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I might try some velcro to keep the bar in place.
let me know how it works. i rarley go over 50. but i live in a extreme windy area. causes some strange problems for me.