ooooooooooo

Must Haves??

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Here's the situation, I will be using this on my farm! My main concerns are hill climbs, my trails are pretty steep and rocky. I definitely have to have my Honda Pioneer 1000 in Low range and 4wd to go from the bottoms back up to the top where my cabin is. (thats part of the fun of driving my place). I am interested in power and 4wd capabilities. Street set up is not necessary at this point but will be adding those options in the near future.

So as I get ready to get my new Roxor, these are my must haves:
1. ECU reflash. Will eventually do a stage 2 tune - 2.5" cat back exhaust, DF clutch plate, EGR delete.
2. WARN locking hubs
3. Rear Locker. I see the ROXOR OX brand but dang they are proud of it! Who else would you recommend?
4. Top and windshield. I like the Forest set up, but really would like to keep it nostalgic looking so what are some other options for fold down windshields. CJ5, CJ7, YJ I see people asking questions about them but I cant find which one everyone is going with and what years do I want. (I understand if I go this route I may have to sacrifice my roll cage and tops will be a concern!!)

***Are there any other MUST Haves that yall would recommend? ***

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks in advance for your answers! Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!!!

Steve243

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
76 to 86 CJ windshield will fit. I also installed wipers from a CJ and dash pad in mine. Building a roll bar like a CJ. I’ve seen some use a CJ of YJ roll bar also.
7364daccdb016dfce3980c042bb08bbe.jpg
b79e7fdef9421cf8f83747fa92304e23.jpg
259f9690b8a3eeb691c0b434f655bfd1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Great Pix! Thanks for sharing. Thats what I want to do to mine! Which fender flares are those off of?

Last edited:

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I’m really hoping a place makes a full soft top setup for the Roxor with late CJ windshield.

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Well I have installed most of my MOST WANTED list of items and then some:
1. Vivid ECU re-flash -
2. WARN front locking hubs
3. Spartan front and rear lockers (ordered through on the rox) Sitting in my garage but not installed yet
4. Fortress Top, Windshield, and Doors
5. Smitty Bilt #9500 Synthetic Rope Winch
6. On the Rox - Oil Pan and Slave Cylinder Skid Plates
7. Pyle Radio with 6x9 speakers
8. Rugged Ridge Fender Flares
9. 2 inch Pintle Hitch
10. (4) 1.5 inch D rings front and back
Still to be installed:
11. Fortress - Windshield Wiper Kit
12. XTC turn Signal Kit,
13. Spare Tire Kit

KIMG0908.JPG

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Looks great, I didn’t know fortress made doors already! More pics of them please! Also, I can help with checking the egr off of your list.

Reactions: Abc

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks, yeah i'll get more pics of them and will be ordering that egr delete soon. What payments do you take? I don't have a paypal acct!

Jimmyb

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I am looking forward to the door pictures, that was something that was on the must have list for me too. Message me when your ready for a kit but mailing a check would be fine if you don’t have a PayPal. That would be the first payment I received out of it since my wife so conveniently offered her PayPal account for me to use!

Bfree

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Sorry Im just now getting around to getting some pix, its been down right cold outside and snowy even for louisiana! Theres a reason I live in the south. Fairly simple install, but the instructions are dark and takes a few minutes to figure out where they are going with them, mainly how the striker works. The only issues I had after 120 miles of 4x4 rocky road riding was the strikers working loose. Had to put a little blue lock tite on them on no more problems. Also I put some black electrical tape on the strickers to get a really good latch without any rattles.

KIMG0939.JPG
KIMG0940.JPG
KIMG0940.JPG
KIMG0941.JPG
KIMG0941.JPG
KIMG0939.JPG
KIMG0939.JPGKIMG0940.JPGKIMG0941.JPG

Paul Heaps

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Here's the situation, I will be using this on my farm! My main concerns are hill climbs, my trails are pretty steep and rocky. I definitely have to have my Honda Pioneer 1000 in Low range and 4wd to go from the bottoms back up to the top where my cabin is. (thats part of the fun of driving my place). I am interested in power and 4wd capabilities. Street set up is not necessary at this point but will be adding those options in the near future.

So as I get ready to get my new Roxor, these are my must haves:
1. ECU reflash. Will eventually do a stage 2 tune - 2.5" cat back exhaust, DF clutch plate, EGR delete.
2. WARN locking hubs
3. Rear Locker. I see the ROXOR OX brand but dang they are proud of it! Who else would you recommend?
4. Top and windshield. I like the Forest set up, but really would like to keep it nostalgic looking so what are some other options for fold down windshields. CJ5, CJ7, YJ I see people asking questions about them but I cant find which one everyone is going with and what years do I want. (I understand if I go this route I may have to sacrifice my roll cage and tops will be a concern!!)

***Are there any other MUST Haves that yall would recommend? ***

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks in advance for your answers! Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!!!

I just installed a 86 CJ7 windshield w wipers/ washers. reworked the front section of roll cage to move back 2.5" so the windshield can go in it's proper place. the Roxor full soft enclosure has been installed and looks appropriate.

Fastcat

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I just installed a 86 CJ7 windshield w wipers/ washers. reworked the front section of roll cage to move back 2.5" so the windshield can go in it's proper place. the Roxor full soft enclosure has been installed and looks appropriate.
Picts please would be great.

Woodsman74881

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I just got my fortress doors installed. Also installed a bestop CJ rear windbreaker. Not a perfect fit but works pretty well on the farm. EFEC9FF8-82FE-4920-8D60-271666E328FC.jpeg620EEB15-FBF9-4357-B06D-A3DA2D7F88E3.jpeg2B55A6DD-35A6-45FE-B5E8-FF838389D368.jpeg

Spanky

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #