ooooooooooo

Guess bead lock wheels are a must have

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Since the temperature finally dropped a bit I thought I could get some time on the trails today. Little did I know what a learning experience I would be getting. Some of the higher level learning was I am not young anymore (65) and when the temperature drops from 110 for the high to 98, it’s still to hot for me. Then I was educated about the rocks here in AZ and why bead locks sell so well. Lost a tire. Last and the most important and valuable lesson was about the incredible people who stopped to help me. If not for them the heat may have taken a much bigger toll on me. My sincere thanks to those individuals for the help and friendship they gave me. Oh yea, and the bottle jack I thought best since it took up less space will be replaced with a high lift jack those saviors of mine demonstrated! Still love this Roxor, but will make sure to be better prepared for the next outing, Rox on!

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
On board air of some sort and a ratchet strap can help reset a bead. A can of ether can also be handy as well In resetting it. I’ve had good luck only airing down to around 12 psi. Any lower and you risk losing a bead.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Good to know, thanks. Prior to coming out to AZ I spent many years in a couple of jeeps playing in the mud of the Midwest and can honestly say never lost a tire, so these rocks are new to me. Just over 100 miles almost 100% off pavement so I guess I was just getting the first flat out of the way early! LOL Looking forward to cooler weather here so I can spend the whole day in the hills.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
A set of tire plugs is also handy to have. Sometimes you can plug it and not even have to change the tire. Larger gashes might even require multiple plugs. Anything to get off the trail.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I have a heavy duty duffle bag that I keep my compressor, first aid, tools, water, and weather radio (just in case my CB goes out) a little extra weight but a whole lot of piece of mind!

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Glad they helped you out, of road group are great people.