ooooooooooo

More lawsuit news

Tokarev

Really? I figured we were done with all this...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Jhop567

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
If I were Mahindra America I think I would use the current Roxor owners to help sell my product instead of ignoring them. When I drive any where I always tell anyone who asks about the Roxor's history, selling points and abilities.

Jhop567

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
To finish, hopefully Roxor will be around for a while, but without the support of current owners, it will be tough for Mahindra to convince future buyers that they are here to support their purchase. Mahindra, are you paying attention, get on this forum and answer some questions!!!

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In 2018, Roxor was aggressively introduced. Roxor arrived as a superior product distributed by a reasonable number of dealerships, supported by decent factory response and an expanding line of accessories. Mahindra went out of its way to build a loyal following -- stuff like jacket giveaways and periodic manufacturing progress announcements -- and generally made owners feel like stakeholders in a new adventure. Because free markets not so secretly prefer monopoly to competition, little Roxor's fine start was quickly portrayed as a threat to mighty jeep world. After the FCA lawsuit, things nose-dived. MANA acted as if they were afraid of their own shadow. Silence was the order of the day. Dealerships collapsed. Blaming lawyers, reorganization, redesign complications, COVID and supply chain delays increasingly started sounding like excuses. It has since become clear, at least to many original pre-2020 owners, that no one should expect any rapid return to the good ole days. We're just left to hope Roxor stays afloat until it can somehow regain its footing. Between the insatiable combination of lawyers and corporate profit, and as indicated in the latest legal news, the jury appears very much out. Sanity will not necessarily be a deciding factor. Meanwhile, Fiat and every manufacturer of disposable UTVs are quietly cheering the sidelining of a formidible threat. Understand, this is the opinion of only one owner.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In 2018, Roxor was aggressively introduced. Roxor arrived as a superior product distributed by a reasonable number of dealerships, supported by decent factory response and an expanding line of accessories. Mahindra went out of its way to build a loyal following -- stuff like jacket giveaways and periodic manufacturing progress announcements -- and generally made owners feel like stakeholders in a new adventure. Because free markets not so secretly prefer monopoly to competition, little Roxor's fine start was quickly portrayed as a threat to mighty jeep world. After the FCA lawsuit, things nose-dived. MANA acted as if they were afraid of their own shadow. Silence was the order of the day. Dealerships collapsed. Blaming lawyers, reorganization, redesign complications, COVID and supply chain delays increasingly started sounding like excuses. It has since become clear, at least to many original pre-2020 owners, that no one should expect any rapid return to the good ole days. We're just left to hope Roxor stays afloat until it can somehow regain its footing. Between the insatiable combination of lawyers and corporate profit, and as indicated in the latest legal news, the jury appears very much out. Sanity will not necessarily be a deciding factor. Meanwhile, Fiat and every manufacturer of disposable UTVs are quietly cheering the sidelining of a formidible threat. Understand, this is the opinion of only one owner.
Actually it’s the opinion of two owners. 100% agree with your assessment of the situation

meyerld

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
Actually it’s the opinion of two owners. 100% agree with your assessment of the situation
Very sensible and honest perspective. After having gone through months of calling Mahindra and Dealers this year to get my instrument cluster fixed, I can no longer recommend the product to friends and those who ask me about it while filling up at the gas station. We do have an outlet for aftermarket parts through some amazing dealers like Wade at Diesel Freaks but most of us have no dealer within hundreds of miles for service that is beyond our skill level.

1BB

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I agree. I was looking forward to buying a Roxor, but I decided to take a step back and wait when I seen they were greatly limiting options. Things like paint, I can only get it in red or black????? That's barely better than when Model T's came out.....you could get any color Model T you wanted, as long as it was BLACK.

I have seen far too many times that when companies start scaling back everywhere, it's generally the beginning of the end, and their days are numbered, and the number is LOW.

In my opinion Mahindra NEEDS to go on the offense and file lawsuits against Jeep for loss of income, especially if they have the rights to build the Roxor dating back to WWII. You can't win at any sort of game when you are always on the defense, you need to be on the offense and scoring points for your team or company.

What Mahindra is doing now is showing serious weakness and unwillingness to fight for their right to produce a vehicle.

It also seems like they want to pivot to farm and ag products like tractors, BUT what happens when John Deere or Case file lawsuits against them for whatever reason, and now we're stuck with a tractor we can't get parts for like the Roxor now. NO THANK YOU.

This goes for dealerships too. They don't want to take on a product that may or may NOT be able to be supported company when repairs need to be done, because at that point, they look like the bad guys who just want to sell you a vehicle and screw you after that, and not care about warranty or service work that needs to be done. Customers talk, and no matter what, it's the dealer's fault, and that's what they will generally say to friends and family.

How many times have we heard....Such and such business used to be really good, but their customer service sucks now.

plumbstraight

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
With the demand for this wonderful diesel roxor, I can see some enturprenur start building jeep kits with frame up units made for a 4cyl diesel. Sticking a chevy Luv diesel or like type engine with a 4 5sp and transfer in in a flatfender body reproduction would be supper.

Grump Fish

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have purposefully avoided the whole FCA vs Mahindra lawsuit issue hoping that it would get resolved and we could just enjoy our machines and have good dealer support going forward. It is getting increasingly unlikely that this will happen.
Though Mahindra is obviously suffering financially over this, we as owners are the ones caught in this legal meat-grinder. All of the stories about lack of dealer warranty support, no parts, and general uncertainty is unacceptable. To me, Mahindra should do a better job of supporting us even with the ongoing legal challenges, but FCA is also culpable for effectively shuttering Mahindra's production of the Roxor and associated parts!
All that said, I intend to keep my Roxor and hope that this ridiculous legal battle will end with an effective solution for us owners; whatever that means.

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I have purposefully avoided the whole FCA vs Mahindra lawsuit issue hoping that it would get resolved and we could just enjoy our machines and have good dealer support going forward. It is getting increasingly unlikely that this will happen.
Though Mahindra is obviously suffering financially over this, we as owners are the ones caught in this legal meat-grinder. All of the stories about lack of dealer warranty support, no parts, and general uncertainty is unacceptable. To me, Mahindra should do a better job of supporting us even with the ongoing legal challenges, but FCA is also culpable for effectively shuttering Mahindra's production of the Roxor and associated parts!
All that said, I intend to keep my Roxor and hope that this ridiculous legal battle will end with an effective solution for us owners; whatever that means.

The ongoing legal battle was a big part of my decision to sell my Roxor last year. I hated to let it go but it seemed like the right choice under the circumstances. I thought about how I really liked my Roxor and enjoyed driving it. But eventually I was going to need parts and if MNW future was questionable than my only source for parts would be to order from India. That would get old really quick.........

I got a lot of hell from other members on this site for letting it go at the time. It was like they thought was being disloyal or something..... kind of bizarre considering where just talking about a vehicle. Other members here started insisting that Trump would come in and save the day which was even more bizarre..... I don't ever see that guy working on a farm or hunting like the rest of us.

At the end of the day I think I was just trying to be honest with myself about how the future really looked. But now it's time to make the best of a bad hand we all were dealt. Perhaps its time to transform this site into a source for more spare parts and even better support for current owners. The current owners shouldn't just be left out in the cold. Perhaps a few enthusiasts can open a few online stores and import parts and offer tech support. That seems like a positive way to handle things if FC gets there way.......

Last edited:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
In my opinion, I think where there is a market for something there will be people/companies that will offer aftermarket solutions. Look at all of the old/classic car-truck companies out there, and even our buddies diesel freaks, Max from Climax off-road. I say KCRO (Keep Calm and Roxor On) my friends!

jrobz23

Founding Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
With the demand for this wonderful diesel roxor, I can see some enturprenur start building jeep kits with frame up units made for a 4cyl diesel. Sticking a chevy Luv diesel or like type engine with a 4 5sp and transfer in in a flatfender body reproduction would be supper.

V2203..

mickeybobs

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
DONT WORRY ,I think most the things we will need for Roxors will be available . When these do break it will be equiv to many ,many ,many wore out side by sides. Roxors go way in excess of 100,000 miles ....We just have to improvise or we can get parts from India. Supply chain problems are not just limited to Roxors and or no dealers ,seems everyone is having to wait on parts . Try buying a 2023 Ford Maverick, ha, they didn't even build all the 2022 orders and they have no idea when production will begin because of lacking parts . Panic selling or fear shouldn't be an issue if you are creative ..even if the stop selling them ,I believe it will just make them more rare ..Hey, 30+ MPG and these will run on veggie oil as times get worse ...try that in a Yamaha ....

SMF

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Got it: there are supply chain issues, everyone is short of parts and that Roxor's devoted following will always find creative solutions. Also agree, after market suppliers have done a remarkable job to maximum practical extent. What is really in short supply in the case of Roxor, however, is some sign of life from MANA regarding Roxor owners, many of whom feel left stranded. Not everyone is equally mechanically inclined or has the time to troubleshoot issues. To read about a working rancher dealing with his cattle herd and having a Roxor problem with no nearby dealer recourse is totally unsatisfactory. How many others are saying if they'd known it would come to this they'd have reconsidered their purchase, or are now considering bailing out? Why Mahindra tractor dealers could not be jump started for use as a support conduit to the Auburn Hills factory is baffling, especially when the nearest Roxor dealers to many of us are literally states and hours/hundreds of miles away. Maybe the AG side doesn't talk to the automotive side -- don't know; don't care; can't control it. I do know, if one cares about customer relations, let alone their own considerable investment, it's why size 14 boots were invented. Lawsuit and parts supply aside, it's way past time for Mahindra to recognize its corporate obligation and the value of basics like loyalty and communication. Most accept there may not be fast solutions to all current woes, but silence and shoulder shrugs definitely haven't cut it. MANA is making this mess far tougher than it needs to be.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I know there is a home/ forums/ what's new/ members/ect. Has anyone from the administration on this forum thought about adding a tab for product support an or aftermarket suppliers? Like a contact list?