ooooooooooo

Max’s Roxor Build

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Some of you might enjoy that the first thing you see when you walk in the new house is a 79 Cherokee golden eagle hood. I based the whole room off of the hood. The wife was skeptical but he loves how my vision pulled together.
7150141fd4fb0422842e684b23a882f1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Copy and pasted from facebook....

Another King Of the Hammers on the books. Unfortunately no win for us this time. We had a catastrophic transmission failure that took us out of the race. I’m sure if I had the Torque King transmission installed i would be coming to you with a different outcome. Huge shout out to Wade LaLone At Diesel Freak, On the Rox Fabrication, Raceline Wheels, Retro Graphics, Cecco Racing and all of those that have bought any Climax Offroad product. A special thanks to anyone that purchased a Team 4668 hat from Wade. You guys Rock! We will be back to fight another day. ROXOR Off Road.

HellGoat

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Hey Max! What happened to the tranny? What was the failure? What improvements did the Torque King tranny have??

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So I blew up the stock trans. The Torque King trans was in the trailer.

Im going to send my blown trans to torque king for his diagnosis/ r&d. I’m not sure what the failure was yet.

There was 1200 miles on my original trans when it went. That’s 1200 of the most punishment I could throw at it. And that’s also with almost triple stock horse power. More then your standard stage 2 tune.

Clutch dumps up obstacles, tough truck racing, 2 king of the hammers, clutch dump launches, the list goes on… for 99% of people they will never see a failure.

Obviously I knew that the trans was going to be a failure point ant some point as I had a spare built… I just didn’t think it would happen during KOH … oh well.

Last edited:

HellGoat

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks for the info. I was the 1% that blew my transmission so I was just curious how yours went. I am waiting on a rebuild kit from Torque King. I would be curious to hear what Torque King thinks of your tranny and what the failure was.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Copy and pasted from facebook....

Another King Of the Hammers on the books. Unfortunately no win for us this time. We had a catastrophic transmission failure that took us out of the race. I’m sure if I had the Torque King transmission installed i would be coming to you with a different outcome. Huge shout out to Wade LaLone At Diesel Freak, On the Rox Fabrication, Raceline Wheels, Retro Graphics, Cecco Racing and all of those that have bought any Climax Offroad product. A special thanks to anyone that purchased a Team 4668 hat from Wade. You guys Rock! We will be back to fight another day. ROXOR Off Road.
And that's why your parents never wanted to loan you their cars on a Friday night! Lolol.

BDRAG

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Welp guys, look like I wiped 3rd gear in my trans. Actually now that all the debris is cleared out it sifts and moves fine in 1st and 2nd. but 3rd is a false neutral. I'm sure there is a lot of damage internally from the broken parts jamming things up. The trans still makes an awful lot of noise but no more binding. just enough to move it in and out of the shop until i get the new trans swapped in. Hopefully I'll have time to do that here soon.

BDRAG

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
No longer own
Roxor #
:-(
Welp guys, look like I wiped 3rd gear in my trans. Actually now that all the debris is cleared out it sifts and moves fine in 1st and 2nd. but 3rd is a false neutral. I'm sure there is a lot of damage internally from the broken parts jamming things up. The trans still makes an awful lot of noise but no more binding. just enough to move it in and out of the shop until i get the new trans swapped in. Hopefully I'll have time to do that here soon.
Ouch! Be hard to use that burn table of yours to make a few gears.

The trans is the big un known in my mustang build. It was apparent that the trans had been into by a past owner. It works but makes lots of whining and werring. Under hard shifting to third if ya don't get it in good it pops out.

BDRAG

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Been super busy but big things are on the horizon!

Trying to get my old house renovated and put on the market has been taking up the majority of my time. Man do I hate hanging drywall and painting .

My new plasma table should be here this week. Haven’t really been able to set up the new shop until it gets here. Luckily we have had warm enough weather so I could start getting the epoxy floor started. One more coat of clear and atleast half of the shop will be done. The important side of the shop. I’ll be dedicating one side for production of new roxor parts and suspension kits. The other side will be for building a new roxor!

139522da8c1a7d0608534036e895a8f9.jpg

Yes you heard that right! A new roxor build. This week I was able to locate a smoking good deal on a 2019 roxor. 9 hours in my wife’s Durango to pick it up out of Pittsburgh. It’s bone stock other then a winch and some 33s, both of which will be removed.

This roxor will be unlike any roxor built so far.

b4c4f883896221a14b0165a1c58dc5e6.jpg

I’ve been hunting for the right deal so in can complete then ultimate plan for the FC150 I bought a while back…. See where I’m going here

eae1a8f044f5639aa978bdb8802e4768.jpg

Frame measurements are looking good. Under the cab the frame is only about a half inch off so the body will fit over the roxor frame. That will be the easy part. Mounting everything else and getting all the shift linkage and steering to work will definitely test my skills.

Max A.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wow it’s been a long time since I’ve posted an upstate! A lot has changed for me this past year. I needed up letting the FC and the red Roxor go. Wade Lalone bought the red Roxor and funny enough he also bought my fiat while he was down here.
FC went to a collector who is restoring it.

Believe me, I’m not one to back away from a project but this had an awesome opportunity pop up and I made it happen. I found an unfinished ultra 4 4400 race car for sale and was able to scrounge together the funds.

8c3bdc4ae677392f0428503b5edbb619.jpg

5c656734a9acf9a03b9757ab24f76193.jpg

d1d4b9bf31b318d81cde2847509a60e2.jpg

8a0ca91c100288973edc08a51a7bcffe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk