ooooooooooo

Lucas Oil Stabilizer

MRJ4x4

Roxor #
My Roxor is tough and does well in El Paso. It's my daily driver. I do crawl and off-road often. But the extreme heat is hard on turbos, diffs, and what not. I already run some I'm my engine. I use Rotella T-6 for oil and she seems to love it. I'm thinking about adding Lucas to the diffs and transfer case for added protection. Would yall be willing to share your opinions? It would be much appreciated! Thank you very much in advanced.

txroadkill

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Double check the oil formula as it could damage yellow metals and the t case takes a gl-4 same as the trans. Good in diffs but instead of adding it just get the Lucas 85-140 diff oil. I’m about to change my break in gear oil for my gears to Lucas 85-140. I ordered some penngrade gl-4 80w/90 oil for the t case and trans from summit. Going to change them out this weekend as well.

MikeT

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Don't. Walk away.
Their engine oil stabilizer (not their differential oil) thickens up your oil and dilutes your additive package so your oil isn't as good. Its basically straight 80 Wt oil. Thicker oil is not good for engine start ups and cold use (maybe not your problem in TX)
That may work to keep an old engine from knocking temporarily, but not for PM. The package even says its for temporary use for those problems.
However their little crank gear marketing is useful entertainment when you are waiting at the car parts counter.

MRJ4x4

Roxor #
Double check the oil formula as it could damage yellow metals and the t case takes a gl-4 same as the trans. Good in diffs but instead of adding it just get the Lucas 85-140 diff oil. I’m about to change my break in gear oil for my gears to Lucas 85-140. I ordered some penngrade gl-4 80w/90 oil for the t case and trans from summit. Going to change them out this weekend as well.
Awesome thanks for the knowledge drop

MRJ4x4

Roxor #
Don't. Walk away.
Their engine oil stabilizer (not their differential oil) thickens up your oil and dilutes your additive package so your oil isn't as good. Its basically straight 80 Wt oil. Thicker oil is not good for engine start ups and cold use (maybe not your problem in TX)
That may work to keep an old engine from knocking temporarily, but not for PM. The package even says its for temporary use for those problems.
However their little crank gear marketing is useful entertainment when you are waiting at the car parts counter.
Hey good to know. Probably saved me some major damage. Thank you!