ooooooooooo

Steering stabilizer replacement ?

ToddBenson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Has anyone found a good steering stabilizer replacemen for the stock one ? i Just recently replaced my stock shocks with the kyb shocks another member did all the leg work and posted part numbers for us. Thanks again for that. changing the stock shocks should be every roxor owners first move regardless if you go with the spendy billstiens or one of the less expensive options. Has anyone found a replacement steering stabilizer replacement they are happy with ?

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I know I saw someone on another forum installed a Rough Country part # 87316 and said it was a direct bolt in replacement and he was happy with it. Said it made a large difference to him. I have no experience with it but passing along what feedback I have seen.

Hope it
1620425113287.jpeg

1620425113287.jpeg

ToddBenson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Thanks man I will look into it and probably give it a shot. Thanks for taking the time to bring it to my attention.

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Happy to pass it along. I wouldn’t have done half of the changes and adds without this forum and it’s members. They have provided more training and helpful tips than I could have figured out on my own, so when I can add something to the discussions that someone can use, I am happy to do so.

ToddBenson

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Happy to pass it along. I wouldn’t have done half of the changes and adds without this forum and it’s members. They have provided more training and helpful tips than I could have figured out on my own, so when I can add something to the discussions that someone can use, I am happy to do so.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
My wife hates this forum cuz it gives me ideas that cost money. I'm with you as well, it great getting info and questions answered

Last edited:

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Well said!

Campyman

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
My wife hates this forum cuz it gives me ideas that cost money. I'm with you as well, it great getting info and questions answered

My wife let me get a Roxor, and in exchange I agreed to finish off the attic and turn it into an additional bedroom. The key is to give the wife something she wants too so both of you are happy.

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Wife's doesn't nessasary hate it, it's been a great resource.

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looks good, I did the same with mine, just painted mine OD Green

AZROX

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
How did you guys make the Rough Country #87316 work? Did you make a full left, full right turn of the wheel to see if the stabilizer has enough stroke?

My experience: I got the stabilizer today. Removed the stock unit and got ready to install the Rough Country.
Before I installed the Rough Country stabilizer, I did a side by side with the stock unit. The Rough Country is about 2 inches shorter (fully extended) than the stock unit.
I went ahead and installed it anyway since it seemed to have worked for several guys on this forum.
After install, I did a full left, full right turn. The Rough Country stabilizer hits bottom (left turn) before the steer stops (unadjusted!) touch.

Any one using another steering damper than Rough Country 87316?

CJ2Rox

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I really didn't notice much of a change. My radius is still the same

ALOT2C

Supporting Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
The rough country fits perfect and is an upgrade over Mahindras design.

View attachment 9150
Hi, this looks different than what is on my 2022 Roxor (the end part). I’m not super mechanical so I could be pointing out something that I should understand. Do you think this will fit my 2022? I have a rough country 5” lift on it.

71295032467__76BA1E2C-7952-4F23-B97E-1BD2C1DC2A04.jpeg

Roxasuras

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
Looks right! What does the other side look like? That side looks food