ooooooooooo

Looking for lunchbox vs Ox lockers info

PJ Skidmore

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Anyone put the Spartan lockers in and have heat issues with the rear? Did you all out back OEM spec GL-5 80w 90 diff oil?

Holleyb19

Roxor Ownership
Looking to buy
I put Spartans in the front and back. The rear Spartan doesn’t make much noises and they work like a charm... all four tires stay hooked up. I have beat on them pretty hard and had no problems. I installed them myself. Used YouTube as a guide. The operation was pretty straight forward. There are no shims holding the diff carrier. The hardest part was pulling the rear axle shafts. I bought a 12 ton hydraulic pulled from Harbor Freight to remove them. The spindle bolt that holds the front hubs on is a weird size socket. I ordered the recommended size and still had to machine it for proper fit.

Dan H.

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
So just to update I have my Spartan Locker in hand (actually it is siting on the desk) I installed my Warn hubs over the weekend. My Dealer hasn't ever installed a locker so I am a little leery to be there crash test dummy! And they want 4 hours labor @129.00 thats 500 plus so I need to save up a little. I have tried the Jeep/offroad shops and since they cant find a Roxor in the labor book they all want me to bring it in even though I tell them its a Dana 44 Diff. For those of you that have had it done is 4 hrs labor in the ballpark?
Try to find an older 4x4 shop and not a jeep dealer. The axels are old school style, plain and simple. And yes they do take a few hours to install the OX rear end. Spend the money and upgrade axel shafts if you can. I have OX front and rear with the electric shift and they are great. Made the Rubicon trail easier.