ooooooooooo

Replacement for Key Lock Under Seat Storage

GoRiver Tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I wanted to replace the key lock for the under seat storage on my 2024 Roxor. The key for the lock seems large and I would prefer to not have to manage a second key. If the ignition key would have worked in the under seat lock, then I would not have replaced it.

I also have the center console with a lock that I got from Diesel Freaks. I ordered combination locks from Amazon and so far they work great! Locks are for honest people anyway so I think these will combo locks will be enough to deter someone from grabbing something I have stashed in these compartments for short term storage.
IMG_1511.jpeg
IMG_1512.jpeg
IMG_1513.jpeg

reedcharlie75

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
Roxor #
I did the same thing a couple years ago, much easier to carry the regular size key

Rebel57

Lifetime Member
Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I wanted to replace the key lock for the under seat storage on my 2024 Roxor. The key for the lock seems large and I would prefer to not have to manage a second key. If the ignition key would have worked in the under seat lock, then I would not have replaced it.

I also have the center console with a lock that I got from Diesel Freaks. I ordered combination locks from Amazon and so far they work great! Locks are for honest people anyway so I think these will combo locks will be enough to deter someone from grabbing something I have stashed in these compartments for short term storage. View attachment 13470View attachment 13471View attachment 13472
Very nice! I have a 2019. I never understood why the large key was not the ignition key and the small key for the underseat storage.
Rebel57

GoRiver Tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I like the way you think, do you have a link to the lock?
Kitmose 3 Pack Combination Cabinet Cam Lock Password Coded Lock with 1-1/8''Cylinder and Chrome Finish, Security Combi-Cam Locks for Cabinet Filing Drawer Mailbox (Black) https://a.co/d/hjwrva0 These are the ones I ordered. I just noticed the ones pictured on Amazon are black and the ones I received are silver. I think the black ones would look better. I may have to send them back and request the black ones.

GoRiver Tom

Roxor Ownership
Roxor Owner
I swapped out the combo locks for a set of black ones, which I think look better. I also added a new shift knob that I got on amazon-
DEWHEL Black/White Inlay Sphere Aluminum 200 Grams Weighted Manual Shift Knob 5 Speed Short Throw Shifter M12x1.25 M10x1.5 M10x1.25 M8x1.25 https://a.co/d/fBfYBae The M12x1.25 is the size that screws onto the shift lever without any bushings.

IMG_1642.jpeg

IMG_1643.jpeg
IMG_1644.jpeg